PDA

View Full Version : Boeing Airworthiness Directives

pointer41
31st Dec 2004, 05:39
Anybody got more gen on Airworthiness Directives on the classics Boeing 707, 727 and 737 aircraft? Apparently it is quite extensive, ranging from pressure hull integrity to engines.

How does that affect the SA fleet? This is something that can be of interest to everybody, and I am curious to learn more.

Boss Raptor
1st Jan 2005, 10:13
Yes it is extensive and comes in various guises; Corrosion Prevention and Control Program and Aging Aircraft Program (individual AD's, extensive multi task documents themselves) and individual inspection/modification AD's

To answer your question would take around 20 pages just in summary alone and frankly would not be the sort of information I would be at all professional if I provided in the public domain as journalists and the like could/would misuse/misrepresent/misunderstand that data...when reality is there is nothing wonderous or spectacular in it.

As far as SAA are concerned I thought last 737-200's have gone back to Safair the Lessor - all the rest of the fleet are likely to be on new 'MSG 3' maintenance schedules where the above inspections/tasks are pre-empted and contained/phased in the actual maintenance schedule from new.

If u really want to know go and ask Mx. Planning at SAA to show you the books