PDA

View Full Version : What's Etihad like?

cargosales
30th Dec 2004, 10:09
Hi All,

Anyone got any experience of Etihad please? Cattle class as I'm feeling mean.

Oh and are they wet or dry? Got to get the priorities right.

Thanks for any info

CS

eightyknots
3rd Jan 2005, 18:54
Flew with them the other day. Not too bad. All drinks are free and poured from litre bottles, all seats have footrests and individual screens. Veg meals need to be pre-ordered. Multi National Hosties.

SteveQB
10th Jan 2005, 13:38
I have flown with them a couple of time in the last few months. I was lucky enough to go in Business (or pearl as they call it). I justified the cost on the basis that it was cheaper than the full fare economy on BA. (LHR - AUH)

I would say that they are certainly trying very hard, but still learning. Examples: The first time I flew with them, in September, as we waited to get off, one of the stewards was being shown how to open the door (slightly worrying to my mind). On the next flight my meal order was taken, i was served my food and just when I had finished my dessert, the stewardess brought the bread rolls! (this in a cabin of 36 seats with about 6 people, and two staff, so she only had 3 people to think about)

The planes are leased, and consequently a little battered, I have had problems with screens not working, difficulty in seats reclining things like that. Not sure when they are getting any of those shiny new planes they have ordered, but I hope that doesn't mean the price will go up.

Steve