PDA

View Full Version : GB Airways Interview

ray von
29th Dec 2004, 21:06
Got an interview with G.B. Airways in a couple of weeks.... Does anyone have any info on whats involved...?

spitfire747
30th Dec 2004, 12:44
sorry have no info on this.. but well done for getting an interview...

Craggenmore
30th Dec 2004, 16:17
Are you type rated or low hour....

Check your PM's...

Craggs

Katanaman
30th Dec 2004, 16:47
Just been in that fab position to have both TC and GB offer over Xmas.

Went with GB, since I have two children and the schedule flying will work better for me.

Lovely people at GB also helped with the vote!

Group exercise after intro to GB, they basically give you a task to do, but its all about how you interact.

Then a semi formal interview for approx 30 mins, nothing technical, but focused on you.

Then you hopefully get invited back for part two in the 737-400 sim at BA at LHR.

I found this okay, but it was East Mids FL60 off 09 to an NDB, track a QDR and then back to the hold for the alt IAP, a go-around to fly the std missed for a procedual ILS to land.

Gentleman who undertake the sim makes you very relaxed and welcome you regardless of experience.

Looking forward to joining very much.

All the best

Pin Head
30th Dec 2004, 17:36
Katanaman, what expereince do you have? I have 4300hrs TT with 1900hrs on a jet and no luck yet. Any tips?

Katanaman
31st Dec 2004, 06:16
Hi my experience is 3200 TT with 750 Turbo Prop, the rest is instruction from PPL and I finished doing integrated CPL and IR training.

I got my timing very wrong with September 11th and had to instruct or just end up being another 220 hr pilot fighting for limited positions.

I basically politely keep up the pressure and put all my effort into two airlines only, rather than chase my tail trying to keep too many balls in the air.

Funny how things work out, both came along within 48 hrs and the rest is history.

Keep trying for what you want, it will happen eventually.

I also never forgot I had a position on a turbo prop and any position was better than nothing.

Best of luck.

Jet A1
31st Dec 2004, 17:54
Did they mention if any newbies are off to MAN base ??