PDA

View Full Version : Flying for relief aid organisation around Indian Ocean

siduk
29th Dec 2004, 20:45
Hi Readers

First of all my heat goes to those perished in a terrible disaster in and around Indian Ocean.

I would like to contribute my flying skills to reach those who are waiting for help. Could anyone give me the contact details for the Aid Agencies and the UN Aid Relief Organisation.

I would like to be there for those who are crying for help, so please help.

Regards

Siduk

vlad-the-inhaler
30th Dec 2004, 21:08
Yeah, Ok mate,

I've spoken to a friend of mine in the RAF and he said that because your message was so unselfish and you have little to gain from turning a humanitarian crisis to your own advantage that he would appreciate your help. He said that theres a C130 on the apron at Brize and the keys are in it and everything, just let yourself in and do a straight out to Thailand. Best flip through the manual the night before over a beer, wouldnt want to appear unprofessional, eh?

schooner
30th Dec 2004, 22:20
Read his profile aswell eh? You old cynic :) !

Cheers.

scroggs
31st Dec 2004, 11:00
Why don't you try their websites? BBC News 24 is constantly giving out details of the aid agencies involved; it shouldn't be too much of a problem to discover their contact details on the Web.

However, unless you have recent, relevant experience on the aircraft types used by their contractors, you are unlikely to be hired. You would be far more useful as a foot-soldier, handing out supplies directly to those affected. I hope you manage to get there and do something!

Scroggs