PDA

View Full Version : Air rage advice for staff

Wirraway
27th Dec 2004, 14:46
Tues "The Australian"

Air rage advice for staff
By Steve Creedy
28dec04

CUSTOMER service staff at Jetstar will undergo a day's training to cope with "hostile customers" as part of a new enterprise bargaining agreement which also delivers a 3 per cent annual pay rise.

The airline and the Australian Services Union settled on the new agreement last Thursday and union officials hope to organise a rank-and-file vote by February.

The agreement covers workers until June 30, 2007, and allows for pay rises of 3per cent a year over three years.

It increases the minimum hours for part-timers to 16 hours a week, allows staff to transfer to a Qantas superannuation scheme, and introduces changes to rostering.

Ten weeks paid maternity leave has become part of the agreement - rather than merely company policy - and there are increases to allowances and junior rates. The agreement also addresses the union's claim that frontline staff are increasingly subject to air rage from passengers.

"A new one-day air rage training program for all customer service staff will commence in February 2005 to better equip staff to deal with hostile customers," the ASU said in a memo to members.

The union said it would hold meetings to discuss the proposed agreement before it was put to the vote.

==========================================

one ball
27th Dec 2004, 15:54
One day isn't much to harden the staff and prepare them for the onslaught of Apology Airline victims.

Wouldn't it be easier to just focus on passenger satisfaction? Or do the hordes just want want want in the me me me society these days...

I gotta say, having been given the uncaring screw-around by their lost baggage crowd, they've got their work cut out.