PDA

View Full Version : first rung on the ladder

Baseturn
26th Dec 2004, 12:05
Hi guys and gals

There is light at the end of this long twisty and sometimes never ending tunnel.
I recently secured my first airline job after 2 years instructing. I am currently line training and enjoying every second of it.
Many of my friends have also got jobs recently so it looks like the recovery is well on its way.
My advice is to remain positive, keep currnet and it will happen. It might not be a big shiny jet at first but the way things are going it wont be long.
Good luck to all ppruners' Merry Christmas and a happy New Year:)

OBK!
26th Dec 2004, 13:56
Hi

Maybe you could share with us which airline? what aircraft etc?

Many congratulations on your airline job anyhow. Must have been a great christmas present!

Cheers

keeno
26th Dec 2004, 14:31
hey there....

nice work, i finished in september and have just secured my first job with the airlines....it does happen...keep all your hopes up people....search and ye shall find...

AIRWAY
26th Dec 2004, 18:11
Hello,

congrats first of all, if you can share with us some more info it would be good, for does of us that are about to embark on the long search for that first job stories like these are welcomed.

The market is moving at a slow pace, it's better than not moving at all, but for low houred pilots it's always a struggle... Let's just hope nothing like the 9/11 or worse happens again. Good Luck to does searching for a job and don't give up.

smith
27th Dec 2004, 13:48
Baseturn and Keeno

Congrats on securing your jobs it is welcome news. Don't feel obliged to divulge any further information about your jobs. I don't think it is necessary to give this information until you are well established in the job. I think your line training captain would be none too happy to read a posting like that on a public forum. Best to do it on a pm if you are inclined.

Congrats once again.

AIRWAY
27th Dec 2004, 14:16
Smith,

Dozens of prooners over the years have shared with us their first job "non private and confidential information" and none of them have been sacked or got a verbal warning, and they are still doing it. So i don't see the "wrong" in it, maybe im missing something :confused:

Mister Geezer
27th Dec 2004, 20:19
Getting yourself identified on PPRuNe to your employers before you join (or at any time for that matter) might not be the best idea. Airlines do sometimes monitor this website closely!

AIRWAY
27th Dec 2004, 21:20
Yes i agree with what your saying it's common sense ( have to be careful with the freedom of speech, well it's not really a freedom ), but taking the obvious bits out it shouldn't be a problem, but i do underdstand your point of view.

Airway
:8

redsnail
27th Dec 2004, 22:20
Fellas, as one who's been identified in the past it's best to keep the details reasonably vague untill such time as you've completed your training or your probationary period.

Yep, I know every one wants to know person X's experience prior and so on but please be aware that this person is about to undergo some fairly intense training and may not want to jeopardise that. Let them focus on succeeding and then I am sure they'll be happy to post their story.

If the person wishes to reveal their experience, so be it, if they don't.. well, there's a reason for that too.

All most folks need to know is that there is movement amongst all levels of aviation, keep the CVs out there and practice your IR scan and interview techniques. :ok:

Baseturn
29th Dec 2004, 14:41
:D hi all, thanks for your replys. I am inclined fo refrain from spilling my life story onto the forum, my post was a bit of a new year confidence booster for all those able and looking.

I caught up with a young FO the other day telling him of the steep learning curve i was experiencing on the line training. He is a 250 hour guy from oxford and is on the F50/100 with BMI, (i know he is as i saw him get on it!!)

I think some airlines are looking for fresh graduates and some for people with a bit more 'experience'. It seems to be down to how the cheif pilot trained as he will prefer that method as he knows it.

Well good luck keep pushing those CV's out and keep updating them.
;)