PDA

View Full Version : Cr@p advertising AGAIN!@!!

Xeque
24th Dec 2004, 16:06
Why do they do it? Tonight it was Qatar Airways turn on BBC World.

Smiling faces sitting in 80 inch plus seats with grovelling Flight Attendants serving caviar!!!

Do me a favour, please. Yes, I've had a couple - it's Christmas Eve after all - but I take great exception to those who think nothing of spending thousands of pounds, dollars, riyals (whatever) to advertise something that is only available to around 30 people out of 300 and which doesn't acually produce a profit.

The poor sods who suffer in 'Cattle Class' are the ones who provide the airlines with their profits. Not those who languish comfortably at their employers expence in Business or First Class.

The airline that is brave enough to dump First and Business and get on with giving the general traveling public a fair deal is the one that I will support.

An A332 with 2.4.2 confg at 40 inch seat pitch carries 290 pasengers.

Come on operators. Stop farting about. The money is there to be made without treating honest people like sh1t!!

lomapaseo
24th Dec 2004, 16:27
Bah Humbug

Maybe Santa will bring you a nice lump of coal this year and save the money on sweets

Avman
24th Dec 2004, 19:05
I disagree a little. On long haul for sure, well filled Premium cabins take care of the operating costs, which then leaves room for making a profit from the cattle class punters. Without idiots, like myself, paying over inflated Premium class fares your Y ticket would be a great deal more expensive and you still wouldn't get much more for it. So, it makes sense for these type of carriers to aim their advertising at the Premium punters.

Basil
24th Dec 2004, 21:31
Without wishing to upset Xeque I'd have to agree with Avman - at least from what I hear from majors accountants we do make quite a bit of our very necessary profit from premium customers.
Merry Christmas to all :D
(even the guy on Marlow High Street who decided to hold up all the traffic for five minutes whilst he waited for a parking slot and then gave us the finger for looking at him ;) )

MercenaryAli
24th Dec 2004, 23:59
This post just goes to show how little this person knows about airlines finances and ticket pricing.

The BIG PROFITS are made from the FIRST and BUSINESS CLASS passengers - the rest (that is you and I) are SLF and just make up the numbers.

Merry Christmas !!:ok:

PAXboy
25th Dec 2004, 20:20
Don't forget the other great money spinner - Freight. On some routes, this also challenges the Cattle class for generating profits.

By the way, Xeque, if they make so little money out of 1st and Biz, why are all the long haul carriers still putting money into those cabins? If it was possible to make lots of money out of cattle class, I have a hunch that someone would have discovered it by now.

Frohes Weinachtfest from Munich! :ok:

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

stagn8
27th Dec 2004, 05:53
I thought first and biz were for the sublos (staff standby's on free tickets) and some of the owner's friends and relatives plus some glitterati, whilst those of us that pack the back pay for the ride !! When will the idiots who design yield management systems understand this ? Remember BCAL ?

RevMan Plan
27th Dec 2004, 17:08
The $$$ is in F and J class.
Consider this:
J class return ticket LHR-JFK around £3000 (on a direct carrier).
M cabin cheapest seat on the same flight £150

So for every 20 cattle class pax the airline gets the same revenue from one Club pax.
20 x lots of luggage vs. usually a carry-on.
20 x drink/meals etc etc ...

Its a lot easier to get 20 cattle class pax than one Club pax hence the money spent trying to get these club pax.

Stagn8 -
BCAL = LGW = not a lot of premium biz = empty F/J seats = staff upgrades!