PDA

View Full Version : Uzbekistan Airlines VP-BUJ

Super Fly
22nd Dec 2004, 22:15
Hi all,

I work in load control at a busy regional/international airport where we handle Uzbekistan Airlines. They have a relatively new 757 VP-BUJ which is not yet set up completely in the Weight & Balance computer system we use.

The system will allow you to create the flight and the loading instructions, check in pax and will print a load sheet however no details regarding MACTOW, MACZFW, Stab Trim etc. are printed.

Maybe because Uzbekistan used to be part of the old Soviet Union the airline representatives are still very guarded and at times downright obnoxious and often do not let dispatchers near the flight deck or allow them hardly any contact with the flight crew.

The end result is that once the aircraft is ready to go the reps hand a copy of the signed computer loadsheet back to the dispatcher but this loadsheet does not display any of the usual MAC figures.

The capt may be using our computer generated loadsheet to help him complete a manual loadsheet in order to work out his MAC data but then we are not given a copy of that for our paperwork. We just get the computer one back without any MAC data.

This just doesn't feel right to me, is this strictly legal?

speedbird_heavy
23rd Dec 2004, 10:10
If it has been signed by the left hand man then dont worry about it. If **** happens it will be the captains fault. His signature proves that he/she has read the loadsheet and accepted it.

Flap Sup
23rd Dec 2004, 10:52
It is a fairly normal procedure for new aircraft. No matter which loadcontrol system you work with, new aircraft and new aircraft types are always added too late. If you use codeco, axis, babs or fido, you can add a seatplan to any aircrft you like (probably also gaetan, although I don't know how), but the trim details are only added when the airline submits aircraft data to your dcs (loadcontrol supplier). Under normal circumstances, a dcs supplier takes approx six weeks to add an aircraft.

Until then, you can make a weightsheet, and a manual trim chart.

brgds
FS

Super Fly
23rd Dec 2004, 19:55
Cheers folks for your replies,

I guess the ball is in their court then and my rear end is covered.

Ta,

:ok:

phoenix son
4th Jan 2005, 07:38
Not sure about the other systems, but CODECO certainly has a facility to display a warning something along the lines of "WEIGHT SHEET ONLY, NO W/B DATA" which is about as good a disclaimer as you are likely to get...

As to what the Captain chooses to do with this document, well, not for me to speculate is it?

PHX