PDA

View Full Version : Book?

sparks and stuff
22nd Dec 2004, 21:47
Please forgive me if this has come up before but since this is the best source world wide for rotary wing aviation, has anybody thought to archive the many fantastic pictures posted on this forum and publish them in a book?
I only ask as the pictures here are way better than anything available anywhere else and would be a great addition to any library.

paco
23rd Dec 2004, 06:11
Well, I'm a publisher - if we could sort out our favourite charity I'm sure we could direct some funds that way

phil

Whirlybird
23rd Dec 2004, 07:59
Flying Scholarships for the Disabled?

Bomber ARIS
23rd Dec 2004, 08:52
Profits to the Air Ambulance?

Billywizz
23rd Dec 2004, 12:19
Dennis Kenyon has a very worthwhile charity in memory of his son who was a heli-pilot. It is to offer sponsorhip to someone trying to get started in this industry. I can't think of a better related cause than that. Shoreham should be able to help contact him.

Genghis the Engineer
23rd Dec 2004, 12:27
I can't find anything on the web, but seem to recall a charity being set up to aid the families of helicopter pilots who died as a result of radiation poisoning after emergency operations at Chernobyl. Anybody know.

Failing that I'd vote for an appropriate air-ambulance charity.

G

sparks and stuff
23rd Dec 2004, 12:55
Sounds like we are on for a win/win situation. The end result will be that any rotary wing fans will be able to purchase a book of the best helicopter images ever , taken by people who know and love them best, and a chance to do some good at the same time.

paco
23rd Dec 2004, 13:13
OK - well all I will need are the images themselves in as high a resolution as possible, with permission to use them from whoever took them, plus any text that would be appropriate. I could also add articles and stuff to break up the images.

Other than that, somebody to independently over see the whole thing, prefereably with a spare bank account.

Phil

Flingingwings
23rd Dec 2004, 19:14
Would agree that money would be well spent being offered to Dennis for use in his flying scholarship.

Dennis can be reached via [email protected]

Bomber ARIS
23rd Dec 2004, 20:12
Alternatively, if charity truly does begin at home, maybe we ought to throw a few shekels into the PPRuNe coffers....

Heliport
23rd Dec 2004, 21:10
For information only - not expressing an opinion:

There is a PPRuNe Fund which exists to help people aspiring to a career in aviation.

Dennis Kenyon has set up a scholarship in memory of his son (also Dennis) a young professional pilot who was killed in an accident caused by a catastrophic mechanical failure in March 2000. It's purpose is to provide training sponsorship to youngsters wishing to become helicopter pilots.

Whirlybird
24th Dec 2004, 08:45
I'd forgotten about Dennis Kenyon's scholarship. I seem to remember reading that only one scholarship had been given so far because there were difficulties raising the funds for any more. So I think this would get my vote. :ok:

Grainger
24th Dec 2004, 09:36
Yup, just read about the Dennis Kenyon scholarship last month.

Seems about as worthy and appropriate a cause as you could imagine.

Gets my vote too.

G :cool: