PDA

View Full Version : Twin Otter PPC

SMJP
22nd Dec 2004, 19:14
Hello all,
I'm focusing on flying the DHC-6 Twin Otter in the Caribbean.
The search i did on the network comes up with only the simulator training in Canada (FlightSafety) and U.K. (LoganAir).
Could anyone tell me which company in the caribbean or North America could give me the 2 hours training in the aircraft, after i've done the simulator training?
The companies i'm focussing on in the Caribbean don't give the actual training in the aircraft.
Thanks alot for your info.:ok:
SMJP.

SMJP
25th Dec 2004, 09:45
Come on Guys!
You can't tell me that there is no Twin Otter pilot on this forum who did the aircraft training with a company in North America or the Caribbean, or at least someone who knows someone who did.:confused:
Thanks in advance guys.
SMJP:ok:

crack up
27th Dec 2004, 22:27
There aren't many -6 operators left in C.A.
Avcom in Guatemala, they don't do outside training.
Aero Perelas (not sure if they still have twotters) in Panama, I doubt if they would.
Of course, I guess it depends on how much you are willing to pay though.

hoggsnortrupert
28th Dec 2004, 08:39
My sugestion to you would be to try other places like the south Pacific, Fiji, Samoa,Solomon Island,and PNG.
Why are you focused on the twotter?
What do you want to achieve with your aviation career?
:ok:

Cheer's,

Hoggsnort

SMJP
28th Dec 2004, 10:38
Thanks crack up and hoggsnortrupert,
The reason that i'm focussing on the twotter was that i come from the caribbean area myself and planning to go back now that i've got my jaa and faa licenses. And the twotter is one of the aircrafts that i would make a chance on with the experience i have. 550 TT.
Buy i definintely keep the areas, you were talking about, in mind.
B.t.w. i was thinking about to spend about $2.000 for the training in the aircraft. (should be 2 hrs. of training).
Thanks for the info.
SMJP;)

Panama Jack
28th Dec 2004, 16:29
SJMP, there is nothing unethical with letting the company that hires you pay for your training. As a DHC-6 FO you're probably not going to earn much in the first place.

geldoff
31st Dec 2004, 13:20
pm me I might know some people you can talk to.

g

DHC6DRIVER
7th Jan 2005, 01:28
"a certificate from flight saftey proves you are more qualified than the local pilots with a cpl."

Oh it does???? So you are more qualified than the local guys with a couple thousand hours huh?

crack up
10th Jan 2005, 16:47
Course he is, what do we know.

4500 pic twotter, douh, no -6 FSI.

bcqc
24th Jan 2005, 04:06
What does Geldoff got to say...

xdc9er
28th Jan 2005, 12:54
Hey Geldoff do you live at the Canadian Embassy #13 ?
Big Brother is watching!lol
( If not disRGRD)
DC9,MD88,MD90,DHC6(5000hrs)no -6 FS (yet)
damn my cover is blown,.... hahahah