PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow-India-Heathrow?

STANDTO
22nd Dec 2004, 15:19
A couple of months ago, I stayed at the Slough Marriott. Notwithstanding how disappointing that was, perhaps someone can tell me if the following was an hallucination.

I checked in at 1800, just as what I presume was an Air India crew was checking out. I particularly remember one of the first officers.

Then, as I came back in the following evening at 1800, there they were again, checking out.

Was this just a local break in the space/time continuum, or did it really happen.

Avman
22nd Dec 2004, 15:21
Neither rumours nor news! And frankly, who cares!

alexban
22nd Dec 2004, 16:54
Are you sure they were not checking in also in the first day?
Or ,maybe they did a not so long leg,i.e London-NewYork or Montreal,and returned to london. The plane will fly from england to india with another crew.
Pilots,especially long haul ones ,often stay far from home for a week or more.

wonderbusdriver
22nd Dec 2004, 16:58
I fancy the "local break in the space/time continuum" explanation, because it has helped me accept certain other situations NOT pertaining to aviation for quite some time... The whole concept is actually a source of hope, wouldn´t you think?

Otherwise, maybe they flew a short shuttle to Whoknowswhere when you saw him the first time.
Maybe it was his twin brother.
Maybe you just thought it was the same guy.

Don´t worry: definitely not what you were implying/suspecting/fearing.

(BTW: Tonight´s Sancerre was rather expensive but good!)

Taildragger67
22nd Dec 2004, 17:08
Alexban's post is reasonable.

AI do their JFK runs via LHR so maybe that pattern had sommit' to do wi' it.

STANDTO
23rd Dec 2004, 19:54
Avman is of course right, it is neither rumours, nor news, but I was rather tired and, courtesy of the sixteen men of Tain, a little drunk.

so there you have it. But thanks for the replies.

Nollick Ghennal

rotornut
27th Dec 2004, 21:01
Yes, I like Glenmorangie too.
Having travelled numerous times to India and back on AI via LHR, sometimes from YYZ, and the others from JFK, I can say that they always changed crews in LHR.