PDA

View Full Version : Training courses for ops staff

G fiend
22nd Dec 2004, 12:52
I want to send one of my staff on a ops training course- anyone know of one that would be useful?

Little Blue
23rd Dec 2004, 09:03
UKOMA is a good one....
try the website, of which I have totally forgottent he address...
Something like www.ukoma.org....I think..
Good luck, and if I find out anymore, I'll drop you a line.
Which carrier, by the way?
LB !!!

yep. It works
www.ukoma.org

G fiend
23rd Dec 2004, 14:24
Ta, LB

Carrier = TWJ

VIKING9
24th Dec 2004, 09:13
Twinjet train staff ?????????
http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/guus/kerstsmiley.gif

SATCO
28th Dec 2004, 09:53
AVIATORS INTERNATIONAL based at Manchester also offers Ops/ATC support training - I will email you some details and contact info.

VIKING9
6th Jan 2005, 15:43
G fiend tell me more about your company, the staff and what your requirements are in terms of training. Thanks

G fiend
17th Jan 2005, 13:08
Tks all those who gave serious responses...

Vi, your first comment did not endear yourself to me...:p

VIKING9
17th Jan 2005, 17:17
G fiend and your opening comment didn't endear me either. If you were a good manager, you'd know exactly where and how to train your staff.

Both my comments were serious by the way.

Anyway, I hope you found what you were looking for.

Rgds V9

G fiend
19th Jan 2005, 12:12
At the risk of turning this into a flamewar...

Vi, the most stupid question is the one never asked...

How do I know all the training courses out there...and how good they are?

We may not all be the Paragon that you soooo obviously are...

So quit the :mad: and grow up:E :p :8

VIKING9
19th Jan 2005, 12:27
G Friend As mentioned by Little BLue above, may I suggest, whilst I grow up, that you take a look here UKOMA (http://www.ukoma.org/training.htm) Hope this helps....... :ok:

max payload
5th Feb 2005, 15:21
all,

Had a look at the UKOMA website, more specifically their curriculum during the one-week OPS course.

I'm amazed at the amount of knowledge this training outfit can pump into it's students during the scope of a single week.

I recall my early days in flight operations starting with 6 weeks classroom weight & balance, DCS and some flightplanning, followed by weeks and weeks of on the job training.
Then, a few years later, the company ticket for flight dispatch carrying another 6 weeks of classroom flight planning, meteo, icao, etc., and again the many weeks of otjt.

Training sure has evolved.

Max.

no sig
5th Feb 2005, 23:19
Max

The UKOMA course is a practical 'introduction' to airline ops control and is usually for those new to the job. An excellent starter and run by well experienced ops supervisors and managers, but is of course limited by time and the content reflects that.

Little Blue
6th Feb 2005, 00:35
When I took the UKOMA course, I'd been in OPS for over a year, and had been a Load Controller, prior to that , for 3 years.
I found a lot of the course covered most of what I already knew, but it was still a damned good weeks learning..(and drinking !)
All of our staff who take the course come back suitably informed !