PDA

View Full Version : MYT Vacancies

AH64 APACHE
21st Dec 2004, 18:32
Heard from a good source today that it is extremely likely that MYT will be looking for crew in the coming months.

This is mainly due to the fact that when things went wrong - they panicked and got rid of as many as possible by redundancy. However in the intervening time a large number of pilots thought that they did not want to be in a company that might go belly up at any time so went looking for work. This coincided with a massive recruitment drive for A320 pilots in the UK (GB, First Choice, TC, BA etc), as such most guys were taken up by other carriers and so handed their notice in.

Originally the number of redundancies was down to 30. However, with the number leaving voluntarily (and with a nice redundancy package), MYT are now likely to be undercrewed at nearly all bases.

So, the upshot is they are now looking for guys and are unlikely to be able to recruit current 320 guys due to the demand in the market so will start looking at low hour and t/prop guys. Latest rumour is that they have approached CTC for people!!

This is seriously good news for low hour people as the market is definitely moving upwards.

Good Luck
:ok:

gtaflyer
21st Dec 2004, 19:24
Apache check your PMs

AH64 APACHE
21st Dec 2004, 20:03
BTW

This is a rumour mill - I am not connected to MYT. All I would say is perhaps if they are looking then a Cv in their direction might not go amiss.

gtaflyer
21st Dec 2004, 20:14
thanks apache, it would seem that MYT are suffering in the same way as my present company who allowed too many peolpe to leave and now they are recruiting due to the shortfall- funny little world we live in!

spanish_luv
22nd Dec 2004, 10:15
Can anyone tell me what is "MYT."? where plz?

Thank you
:confused:

Le-Slat Disagree
22nd Dec 2004, 10:38
MYT = MyTravel
Where = UK

Le-Slat

omoko joe
22nd Dec 2004, 17:27
i'm sure they'll be short, but equally sure they'll try to use contract pilots..still nothin beats a try.:O

AH64 APACHE
23rd Dec 2004, 09:50
what contract pilots - I would imagine the large majority of these type rated pilots have been sucked up by the aforementioned carriers who are hiring. The only people let would be those who want to remain contract pilots.

Vietnam was having a hard time picking up type rated people as are other foreign airlines. I suspect MyT will start picking up low hour people as they are a well established TRTO.

GARDENER
23rd Dec 2004, 21:35
Pretty sure I am correct in saying they used contract pilots last summer combined with SSV/ Spanair etc (not many in comparison to previous years). With the reduction in their programme I would guess at them filling gaps with contract pilots or type rated.

db767
24th Dec 2004, 16:02
Mytravel will almost certainly be recruiting non-type rated pilots this winter for the simple reason that they're understaffed with pilots still leaving and no type rated pilots applying. I worked for them myself for 4 years but got out earlier this year. I'm on a type rating course at the moment with my new employer and there are a lot of MYT ex-Boeing and DC10 pilots down here going through A320 conversions. Almost all of these say they intend to leave as soon as they have finished their Airbus courses because they feel that they are at the end of their tether working for a company that expects loyalty to flow strongly, but in one direction only. The important thing for people trying to get into the business is that MYT have apparently got a lot of free Airbus training courses left over from their A320/A321 order and these training credits will shortly expire. Apparently they've even got two pilots down here going through the full Airbus course as a "refresher" even though they're already A320 rated so they must have A320 courses to burn.

They're a good company to work for in many ways but if you're not ex-RAF Tornadoes or Jaguars or a member of the Masons then you can forget a quick command - no matter how good you are.

My advice is to take their free course, get some time on type and then apply to an airline that will look after you properly.

zerograv
28th Dec 2004, 10:42
Gtaflyer,
If you wouldn't mind, could you tell us who is your current
airline?
Thanks,
Zerograv

Leo8
30th Dec 2004, 12:56
I just got a letter back from them after sending them my CV. It was very nice of them to reply! A lot of airlines dont bother at all.

They said they will advertise if and when they recruit and will most likely be looking for Airbus rated pilots with at least 2000TT and 500 on type. Might be worth sending them a CV if you have have airbus experience but for the rest of us it might be a while before we get out chance!

gashcan
31st Dec 2004, 19:06
I will be very surprised if we are not recruiting this coming Spring. Whether there are the people on the market that meet the criteria mentioned above is debatable.

Ignore db767's banter about ex-fast jet mates and commands - it's a load of bo!!ox. Commands are awarded based on seniority and suitability, although with the recent redundancies, reorganisation and demotions, command time is looking like being uncertain to bleak.

db767 is correct when he says:

"they're a good company to work for in many ways"

- some things are done very well indeed, but unfortunately some things are done appallingly badly as well. Most of the time it bumps along somewhere in the middle.

I've been here 13 years now and to be honest I'm too idle to move anywhere else - mainly because it's a bloody good job with some fine people and I enjoy it - despite the disastrous last couple of years.

If you want to come to MYT, go for it - we may not be the best, but you could do an awful lot worse.

Viper2
1st Jan 2005, 13:09
Could anyone tell me a little bit more about rosters, bases and other labour conditions at MYT?

The website does not show vacancies for pilots yet.

Max_Bank
5th Jan 2005, 14:58
Suggest you look at PPJN for conditions etc.

I understand that they will initially look for over 1500TT and some commercial experience as a starting requirement for new pilots.

Previously they have recruited low hours people, some were sponsorships and some were direct from their approved training schools. If they do this again it would probably current students or very recent graduates that would be looked at.