PDA

View Full Version : BA125 LHR-BAH

Flip Flop Flyer
20th Dec 2004, 15:11
I'm booked on this flight early January, which according to the timetable is a 777-200 service. Does anybody know whether they have the new flat-beds in J on this service, or will it be the old cradle type seats?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Carnage Matey!
20th Dec 2004, 17:45
Should be flat beds, I believe all BAs LHR 777s have the flat beds now.

Flip Flop Flyer
21st Dec 2004, 07:56
Not according to their website, but thanks anyway.

Thunderbug
21st Dec 2004, 12:50
All the longhaul aircraft, with the exception of the mighty 767 :p, have been fitted with the flat beds in Club World. The 767s still have craddle seats, but are being converted over the next year (hopefully).

So if you are on 777 you will be well sorted for a good nights sleep. If you are going BAH-LHR on the BA124 you also get the Sleeper Service. Eat before boarding, go straight to sleep after take-off and have the use of the arrivals lounge at LHR for a power shower and a hearty breakfast!

Have a good trip

T'bug

apaddyinuk
4th Jan 2005, 23:31
Insider here...
It will be flatbeds as all LHR 777's now have the flatbeds in them. It is still LGW which has the old cradle seat floating around on the caribbean and Florida routes. But one of the old 4 ex AML aircraft is due out of the hanger next week with its refit three class flatbed config with another two due to go in turns over the next two months and the last will be refitted sometime in october i believe!!!!

BahrainLad
5th Jan 2005, 20:22
So if you are on 777 you will be well sorted for a good nights sleep. If you are going BAH-LHR on the BA124 you also get the Sleeper Service. Eat before boarding, go straight to sleep after take-off and have the use of the arrivals lounge at LHR for a power shower and a hearty breakfast!

Erm.....eat where exactly? At the fully-catered departure lounge? I think not.

apaddyinuk
13th Jan 2005, 22:45
Actually Bahrainlad....the new sleep service is on this route which gives you the option to eat a full meal in an airport restaurant in Bahrain before the flight and a breakfast is served on the flight prior to landing in LHR... Maybe this will finally encourage premium pax to arrive early for a change...mind you, the flight leaves so late in the evening from bahrain, I know I would have already ate!!!

BahrainLad
16th Jan 2005, 17:09
Sorry, you're wrong there. BA 'Sleeper' flights from both DXB and BAH don't offer any pre-flight dining as there is no infrastructure to support it. They do give you a hot breakfast to compensate though.

Your use of "in an airport restaurant in Bahrain" shows your unfamiliarity with the place. ;)