PDA

View Full Version : QSP(H) Accreditation to ATPL(A)

BEagle
20th Dec 2004, 14:14
Rotary wing Qualified Service Pilots will perhaps be pleased to note that, if they meet current accreditation criteria towards JAR-FCL CPL(H) licences and go on to obtain a CPL(H) with ATPL(H) knowledge, then the additional requirements for crediting theoretical knowledge to the ATPL(A) is now available.

You can find the requirements in LASORS 2005, Section J1.9 part 5 which is on page 337 of 608 in .pdf version of the document; this may be downloaded free from http://www.caa.co.uk/publications/publicationdetails.asp?id=1591

Happy camping!

Hueymeister
20th Dec 2004, 17:38
Cool Beags..vous est le Garcon!!! oder du bist am bestens...Danke! That helps alot.

BEagle
20th Dec 2004, 17:51
Keine Prob, mon ami! Salud y pesetas....

snafu
20th Dec 2004, 18:21
Thanks BEagle, we appreciate all your hard work, both helping to set up the accreditation and keeping check of the rules as things develop. :ok:

I'm just a bit concerned that you might need to get out more......:E

BEagle
20th Dec 2004, 18:35
When it gets warmer, with any luck!

Thank f*** that it's the winter solstice tomorrow, so that the days will start to get a bit longer again! But the mornings won't start to get lighter until around 4 Jan - for reasons only aged navigators blessed in the astrological arts could begin to explain.......

Front Seater
21st Dec 2004, 06:40
Thank you Beags,

A positive side to PPRUNE and much appreciated.

The Ferret
21st Dec 2004, 20:13
Beagle - may I add my heartiest appreciation for your attention in this arena.

I have had a look at the relevant parts of LASORS and compared it with the references made to JAR-FCL 1 but I want to make sure that I am reading this the right way.

Am I right in thinking that a UK QSP(H) who has completed the approved Military Bridging Package, passed the JAR ATPL(A) Air Law & ATC Procedures and Operational Procedures exams and who has, therefore, subsequently been awarded a JAR CPL(H) frozen for ATPL(H) (unfrozen by an IR), need only then pass the Performance, the PofF(A) and the composite ATPL(A) bridge examinations to become ATPL(A) theory credited?

If so what does the composite ATPL(A) bridge examination cover? I could not find that!:* :uhoh:

BEagle
21st Dec 2004, 20:24
It's in Part 6 - Examination arrangements:

"The syllabus for the Composite CPL(A) & ATPL(A)
bridging exams comprises topics in Air Law & ATC
Procedures, Airframe/Systems/Powerplant,
Instruments/Electronics, Mass & Balance, Flight
Planning & Monitoring, Meteorology and General
Navigation."

I know no more than this; perhaps one of the Service Providers such as Alex Whittingham's Bristol centre could advise you further?

The Ferret
21st Dec 2004, 20:51
Thanks Beagle!:O :O :O