PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - How busy are you all really?

SecurID
20th Dec 2004, 13:14
Just added up my last six month's flying and was a little shocked to see how much busier I have become.

Basically it is 468 in 6 months and if I continue this way I will be bang on the legal limit of 900 hours a year.

I am not complaining I am just noting that in 20 years of averaging 500 a year, I have now found out why I am now suddenly very tired!

A very Merry Xmas to all current and wannabe EK pilots from a very tired current EK pilot! :zzz:

20th Dec 2004, 15:36
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that 900 hrs means something at EK

thrustidle74
20th Dec 2004, 15:58
Hi,

in my country max. limit is 1000hrs.And I am up to the limit by now.So its not something new for me.I got a job offer with EK & I am packing now for DXB.At least I will be paid better over there...

Merry Christmas

nuffin
20th Dec 2004, 16:19
SecurID
They didn't tell you those profit sharing bonuses were not for free?...listen carefully my son, listen carefully..:cool:

thrustidle74
Congratulations on EK and let them other folks know that 900 is not the limit.....put in that extra 100 for the bonus, boys!:ok: :}

Shake
20th Dec 2004, 19:40
Nuffin.

Listen my son: So flying your 767 for 900 hours is OK? 1000 hrs even? Your not even in EK so you wouldn't know that the profit share is never guarenteed no matter how hard you work... Idiot.

Thrust Idle: 1000 hours on a 737NG, UK ATPL...doubt you're flying in the UK or else your adding Parker hours to your log book. 1000 hours where? Once we know we can compare like for like.

nuffin
20th Dec 2004, 20:11
Shaky!...Steady there my son! 900 hrs is the max., isn't it? I do 900 max. allowed by the regs and yet don't get the bonus and perks you enjoy but am within legal bounds still. Whinge on my dear son..whine on!!!...oink..oink:} :rolleyes: :ok:

Shake
21st Dec 2004, 04:13
Perks and the bonus, I say again 'you're not in EK' so what do you know of any of it my son?

Application on file? In the hold pool? Rejected? Let us know what you think of life here and all the perks that go with it when you've been here a few years my old son, then you might have something worth to listening to...then again probably nuffin worth taking seriously.

Morwheus
21st Dec 2004, 05:17
Thats the way Shake:}

Give it to them right up the jacksy...... some guys are working hard but it depends on what fleet you are on. my roster has me doing about 70hrs a month.....very relaxed.....!

Anyway have to go fight my way through the road rage to get my shopping for the week

AMF.

Morf:E

thrustidle74
21st Dec 2004, 17:22
Hi Shake,

You are right...I am not that lucky to fly in UK.I am flying in an Eastern Europe country.
And I consider the UK ATPL was a gift of God to me.Those were the best days of my life during training in Prestwick.

Cheers

White Knight
22nd Dec 2004, 03:55
Don't worry abour Shake folks - he's got chips on each shoulder the size of scaffolding boards:p

Between 90 and 110 hours a month (block) to answer the question.

Shake
22nd Dec 2004, 07:45
That's rich coming from you WK. :hmm:

Thrust: Wasn't having a dig, it's just that 1000 hours in Western Europe is outside JAR Ops FTL, 900 being the max at present.

White Knight
22nd Dec 2004, 14:11
Me, chips on my shoulder:confused: Sorry Shaky baby but I'm not the one who moans and groans about absolutely EVERYTHING!!!! I would wish you a Merry Christmas but I don't see the point as something will be wrong with it somewhere:yuk:

Shake
22nd Dec 2004, 14:20
Humbug.

Just don't think EK is as rosey as you do.

Have a Merry Christmas.

22nd Dec 2004, 14:54
Totally unsubstantiated rumour has it that the current IOSA audit has deemed our current practice of only counting 3/4 or 2/3 of augmented flight time toward maximum flight time limitations may be contrary to JAR's.

fatbus
22nd Dec 2004, 15:00
Does it really make a difference? Think before you speak.Have a look at the rosters, not tooo many guys hitting the max.There may be some but there are alot well under, which would mean the average is lower than you think

ruserious
25th Dec 2004, 04:07
Small moves, Fatbus.
First they change the terms and conditions, e.g. logging of hours, credit system. Once the pain of the bu**ering is gone, say 6-12 months later, you change the pay for ULH operations etc.
T&C never get better, thats a FACT.

fatbus
27th Dec 2004, 12:07
agreed but the ref to 2/3 3/4 hard time means nothing

ernestkgann
27th Dec 2004, 14:49
why do you say it means nothing? If you can be rostered to that limit you will be, relying on a commercial organisation for the benevolent use of it's ftl scheme is rather naive I think.

JJflyer
27th Dec 2004, 18:37
JAR does not specify max limits for flight hours per year. Some countries one can fly 900 and in some 1000.

I flew 900h this year and nope, I am not tired.

JJ

Morwheus
27th Dec 2004, 20:42
................................drivel and foul language removed. Morwheus is spending some time in the cooler. Would someone send me a reminder in a few weeks & we'll let him out and give him another chance.

4HP