PDA

View Full Version : Work Experience

HZ123
19th Dec 2004, 20:37
Hello my name is Lewis Ellway. I'm the son of the login hz123. All I wanted to know was if anyone knew where I could be accepted for work experience in aviation, around southend or heathrow airport. Thank you

circseam
20th Dec 2004, 14:59
Lewis - I'm afraid I have no connections within airports for Heathrow / Southend but I just want to wish you all the best.

A few years back (Well more than a few!) I started off at HUY after having my work experience at the airport, I contacted the airport direct and explained my situation and was lucky enough to be accepted.

Had a great week and gave me a slight insight into the workings of an airport.

Hope all goes well and good luck

Lite
20th Dec 2004, 16:32
Due to increased security measures, its regrettable that work experience is a lot harder to come by at airports. It was always fairly difficult to find, but I know that now working at airports, especially airside is all but impossible in the UK & USA.

Perhaps writing to the airport to explain your situation with the opportunity at working for the airport's information desk, or perhaps writing to an airline to work in their call centre would be a good idea.

Before working for the airline I did, I did my work experience, and subsequently a part time job in the travel agency of the group. Why not try working for an airline-related industry, such as a travel agency or bus/train company?

HZ123
24th Dec 2004, 18:07
thank you for all the support. I have still not recieved any feedback from any of the companies I have wrote to yet; but I will now wait until aftyer christmas and hopfully then I will send some others off and get more feedback. Once again thankyou for all the support and have a merry christmas and a happy new year

david_wilding
24th Dec 2004, 21:13
I might be able to assist you with setting up work experience at an airport. Albeit, at London Stansted, but if you are interested please send me a private message.

Thanks!