PDA

View Full Version : BACX Holding pool

teis
19th Dec 2004, 18:37
I am in the fortunate position that I am in the "jet" holding pool.

Anybody in the same situation and if so any info on when they start any new courses.

Last update I got is almost 2 months old...

Cheers.

skyviews
20th Dec 2004, 12:34
In the same boat but for turbo prop holding pool. Rumours of aTP course in Jan but heard nothing since first bi-monthly news letter from Bacx:hmm:

monkeyboy
20th Dec 2004, 12:44
A Dash course IS taking place in Jan.

MB

luckyPierre
20th Dec 2004, 12:44
Last I heard Dash 8 course in Jan for 4 people as 4 failed the TR earlier in the year so they had to run another course.

Around 15 of us in the TP Holdpool now.

skyviews
20th Dec 2004, 13:39
Anyone here on this jan course?

diamodel
26th Dec 2004, 21:01
Teis

Can you tell me what your experience level is. Do you have Jet time already? I am interested in finding out how they are seperating those in the TP hold pool to those in the Jet pool.

Anyone else with any ideas also....

madmax100
27th Dec 2004, 09:15
There is also an RJ100 course starting in Jan.

6 on the Course all destined for BHX!

2 have been taken from the Hold pool.

Not sure if these 2 are typed....

Happy New Year!

Trainee pilot
27th Dec 2004, 10:31
Hi,

I am one of the lucky ones on the Jan RJ100 course for BHX!
I am not type rated on the RJ, I fly ATR's at the moment, very fortunate for the lucky break, would be great to know of anyone else on the course?

teis
27th Dec 2004, 22:25
diamodel,

around 1500 TT, 800 hours TP with EFIS.

TEIS.

I believe the cut-off (jet-TP)was the 1000 TT

ray von
31st Dec 2004, 08:36
Hey guys..

dont worry...

there is a huge number of First Officers leaving CitiExpress.. Once the management actually realise this youl be in.

Best of luck

judge11
31st Dec 2004, 10:11
Might it be worth asking yourselves why so many are leaving. Prune is full of threads which will tell you why.:}

teis
17th Jan 2005, 19:41
anyone around with any more news??

:uhoh:

skyviews
18th Jan 2005, 08:12
Oh the agony of it all!
I was told offer would follow soon after check ride, that was in June. Guess I'll just keep waiting 30 guys rumoured to have left flybe so I can only imagine, if not the same kind of figure, at least a few will be going soon from Bacx.

Waiting to take that first step up the food chain!!! :}

Tigers
18th Jan 2005, 08:45
Ive been waiting since June too! I spoke to Operations the other day and seems jet guys are leaving, dont know about the Dash 8 Fleet though, but under current circumstances you would think they would be losing Dash pilots too.

Apparantly they are publishing a long term forcast at the end of Feb so we may be told more then.

I for one am not hedging my bets on this job coming off!

judge11
18th Jan 2005, 09:52
Tigers

That is a very sound bet; don't rely on this shower for anything. After 3 years of nothing but bad news with BACX the workforce is bracing itself for yet another cunning plan to emerge from the inglorious leadership team and that will be more bad news. If rumours about losses are true then the whole shabang is very close to imploding - another glorious achievement for the world's worst airline.

Chances are there will be yet another pilot surplus as aircraft are withdrawn. Morale has been rock bottom for ages and anybody with any sense is making alternative arrangements.

But if you want to jump aboard a sinking ship then keep those applications coming in.:{

Tigers
18th Jan 2005, 10:00
No fears Judge my applications are heading elsewhere at the moment.
I am just waiting to see the first positive post put on this forum about BACX, but I fear I may be waiting a long time judging by the other threads.

My suspicions started after my sim ride when they said they were desperate for pilots and I would be starting hencewith.

7 months later.....................................................

madmax100
18th Jan 2005, 20:01
There are 35 leavers in the system between now & April!!!!!

I understand the Pool is to be dried up shortly!

BACX is now a TRAINING AIRLINE!!!!

teis
18th Jan 2005, 20:14
Thanks everebody for the replies.

I guess I just have to be a little more patient.

I know there are a lot of rumours about at the moment(good and bad), but for me it really looks like the best move I can make.

Anyone know which airframe is in need for more pilots than?? RJ/emb??

Cheers.

:ok:

madmax100
19th Jan 2005, 13:22
The Last 3 Joiners have all gone to the Avro RJ @ BHX.

skyviews
24th Jan 2005, 10:21
Just had the call 7th March on the dash eight . One happy bunny!!:D :D :D

teis
24th Jan 2005, 11:54
Well done mate,

Good luck with the course!

luckyPierre
24th Jan 2005, 13:54
Skyviews check you PMS

oapilot
25th Jan 2005, 20:50
Well done Skyviews, got call the same day. Guess that makes two happy bunnies!

oap

skyviews
26th Jan 2005, 08:00
congrats oapiliot and lp look forward to meeting you in march.

Thanks teis.

jaarrgh
26th Jan 2005, 08:36
Well done you lot! A few hangovers I expect. Its all good from here! So does that take another 4 from the pool? so 10 (ish I know of one unofficial retiree) of us left. Hmmmmm... it reminds me of school sports day, will I be picked last again. God d@amn those cruel team captains. It was my glands! God D@amn them to hell!!;)

offspring
26th Jan 2005, 10:37
Good to hear some of you are getting the call from Bacx.

Yes it may not be the best but its still a damm good start in what is a very difficult industry so good luck to you lucky chosen few. Whatever happens in the future you have a foot on the first rung of the ladder.

Can someone advise what Bacx are looking for. I am an experienced ME GA pilot, ATPL MCC perf a 3000 tt. I have been applying to Bacx since April last year but cant get a response.:ugh:

skyviews
28th Jan 2005, 11:01
offspring check pms

sam_flying
1st Feb 2005, 15:13
Skyviews, I have sent you a private message, if you could take a look I'd be grateful. :D

skyviews
7th Feb 2005, 16:50
sam flying replyed via PM

BE350
14th Feb 2005, 09:52
I have heard rumours that there is a Jet and a Turbo-Prop class starting March.
I have seen the posts regarding the TP class but nothing on the Jet.

Is this just a Rumour?

moku
14th Feb 2005, 21:34
Nope, not just a rumour!

M :D

madmax100
14th Feb 2005, 22:29
35+ jet fo's working their notice!

Bacx will be recruiting straight onto the Emb145 & RJ100. No recruitment planned onto the Dash 8.

Pool to be dried up very shortly.

2 courses of 4 jet fo's planned every month for the forseeable future.

check out: http://www.bacitiexpressjobs.com within the next couple of weeks!

jaarrgh
15th Feb 2005, 08:46
Madmax,
Sorry to keep flogging this question. Do you mean no recruitment for the Dash 8 from the pool or no more interviews, sims etc. RH said that next year's business plan will be clear(er) at the beginning of next month and consequently plans for dash courses. Do you have a heads up on that plan?

Any clues gratefully received, hell, I'll even take rumours and lies if they are positive!

madmax100
15th Feb 2005, 12:22
BACX have decided to recruit straight onto the jet fleets to replace the large number of SFO's leaving.

Result - Lots of pissed off turboprop dash8 FO's who should rightfully move onto the Jet RHS first and attract a jet salary!

window-seat
15th Feb 2005, 14:15
And so some of the recent Dash F/O's are getting itchy feet already as they watch new starters with less seniority than them earn £1,000.00 per month more, (for doing the same job, and working less hours)!!

WS

BluffOldSeaDog
15th Feb 2005, 20:55
As a 5year RHS "veteran" of the 145 at Man I can promise you that you cannot work harder than the 750hrs / year that is currently the norm on the embraer fleet, I can't vouch for the RJ's but they seem to do a considerable amount of touring. Our scheduling agreement won't allow more than 750 even though CAA says you can do more. Congratulations to all of you for getting the nod, you'll hear a lot of bitching around the crewroom but most of us are loyal to the cause and through the doom and gloom of the past and current climate see a bright future for CX

ML Handler
20th Feb 2005, 11:47
I'm on the Mar 14 RJ course, any of you other five out there?

jaarrgh
21st Feb 2005, 11:18
Thanks max, my day seems better already!

brain fade
22nd Feb 2005, 14:26
I've been in ****tyexpress for ages. Not saying it's the best company you could work for but it's far from the worst. there's a lot of nay saying about the company and as usual some of it has some sort of foundation. Much of it is just folk moaning on in the way that they always have done and, no doubt, always will.
If you can get in then you'll enjoy it:cool:

Capt Kirkwall
23rd Feb 2005, 19:25
I am apparently going on the 14. March course too....

teis
23rd Feb 2005, 20:58
I've got the word as well......14th March.

:)

PGA
26th Feb 2005, 13:00
Hi Guys,

Anybody any info on the bacx simride? please let me know!

thnx in advance! :ok:

Isaidleft
27th Feb 2005, 20:07
You say D8 crews should be going to jets.....why? Why should a company not recruit crews for jets directly to prevent paying for twice as many type ratings?

D8 crews would need typing to jet and new recruits to D8.....no well run company would do that. Forget seniority list, if they dont like it they know what to do

aaaaa
28th Feb 2005, 07:00
Isaidleft

Agree it makes economic sense on the surface, but does it?

1) You are condemning TP pilots to remain TP pilots for the rest of their careers resulting in a lot of very unhappy people.

2) Most TP pilots wish to get on to jets if for no other reason than an increase in salary, ergo they will have to leave and join another airline.

3) TP pilots leaving therefore, means more recruitment onto TP fleets, and more type rating required (albeit slightly cheaper) but then they will leave as soon as a jet job becomes available so more recruitment, more expense and no stability.

4) It is also just possible a pilot may like to stay with his airline rather than having to move on looking for that jet job. He/she has served his apprenticeship and deserves the move upwards, let the newcomer start at the bottom and earn his move up. Apart from the fact it is good experience, I also understand that it can be 'fun' flying.

aa

BugSpeed
1st Mar 2005, 09:24
Isaidleft,

I think somebody has got a "Jet Complex" and is slightly worried about a sound training regime.

Take a look back at the golden days of training when airlines would take on cadets, train them, stick them in the RHS of a TP for a couple of years and then TR them on jets.

I would'nt PAY for a TP type rating, sure, wise move not to. Paying for it yourself, off your own back, without an airline backing you is career suicide (potentially).

Reputable airlines are now realising (again) that in order to secure a high calibre of crew, they need to conduct there own training and as aaaa suggests - it is certainly good fun.

In BACX you dont get "streamed" as TP. There is a natural career progression because it is a MULTI FLEET AIRLINE!

Isaidleft
1st Mar 2005, 19:50
Bugspeed

no jet complex, it is just sensible economics. As for this progression from TP to jet, alot of D8 crews are new so why pay to move them now. Had they had good usage of the crews then ok, I am not british or living permanantly in UK, I do however know people who fly cor CitiExpress. No company will keep doing such mistakes, they will cease this practice. What are Dash crews going to do if they take new entrants on jets? In a company in such a situation not wise to draw negative attention to yourself, you may be on that SPECIAL list of first to go.

At the emd of the day crews should realise the best thing for them is for the company to survive, or they have no job!

All the As

if a crew member loves his company THAT much then type should be less important. Also reading rumors page most CitiExpress crews dont come in that catagory.

As for me with my JET COMPLEX (how you know this?) I am off to fly my "jet", aka Dash 8

Adieu