PDA

View Full Version : Thomson Fly new bases

airhumberside
19th Dec 2004, 13:49
Reading in Air International, the Chief Commercial Officer mentioned possible new bases at Norwich, Manston, Cambridge and Blackpool

dada
19th Dec 2004, 15:12
airhumberside - where do you get this rubbish from? you must be very high up somewhere and know everything about every airline or airport, or have a very wild imagination. by your posting you seem have something to say on everything.

Mr A Tis
19th Dec 2004, 15:45
I think the clue to the answer to your question lies in the first words of the poor guys post:

Reading in Air International,

Chill out man

dada
19th Dec 2004, 16:28
it's just an opinion not a reflection of my temperament

LBA
19th Dec 2004, 16:32
He comes out with rumours on a number of forums, about 1 has actually happened.... (If that...)

Thomsonfly at Cambridge and Blackpool? Come on...

airhumberside
20th Dec 2004, 14:14
A lot of it is just my personal opinions

A lot of the rumours I post elsewhere are from members of pprune - weather what they post is just opinions I dont know

If I post any news or rumours on here I will have heard it elsewhere but I am cautious on posting sources due to advertising rules (I had a post deleted last week, linking to a news story) - eg the news on fish flights going daily was from the Grimsby Telegraph

As for this rumour - get Air International December issue and read it for yourself

dada
20th Dec 2004, 14:19
fish flights are fishwife - which are you?

Lite
20th Dec 2004, 16:35
Cambridge and Blackpool are always looking for new airlines to expand from, and I know that Thomson already operate certain flights from Blackpool to sunspots throughout the Med. Cambridge has a good catchment area and expansion potential. Who knows? After all, who could have predicted two years ago that Thomsonfly would be the LCC from TUI UK from CVT & BOH?

BPL321
20th Dec 2004, 16:57
Don't worry airhumberside, I don't tend to speak for other people but I simply get the impression that Dada doesn't like anything good in the way of news or perhaps in this case a 'rumour' when it comes to BLK. Just pleased he doesn't manage the airport.

It would not surprise me if BLK was made another base by this operator.I think most of their bases are regional airports. Excellent news for all of the mentioned airports if the news turns out to be true.

Sorry Dada, I will try and dig up some more good news for you so you can have a moan.

;)

airhumberside
20th Dec 2004, 17:24
Back to the topic - is it true that Blackpool would struggle to cope with many extra services (apron space, terminal capacity etc)

aeulad
20th Dec 2004, 17:59
I had heard from someone that works for Thomsonfly, that they were looking at Farnborough.

Regards

Mike

mmeteesside
21st Dec 2004, 08:13
Didn't Thomson sign a deal when they announced they would base an aircraft at DurhamTeesValley that Thomsonfly would come along as well? :D

GrahamK
21st Dec 2004, 08:46
mmeteesside:
Thomsonfly/Thomson/Britannia/Whatever they're called are basing a 737-800 at MME next summer, as well as the 2 757s up at NCL

;)

BPL321
21st Dec 2004, 09:12
Struggle?

I guess it really depends on(assuming it did happen) the number of a/c and routes they wanted to base at BLK. It is only a small apron at present(rumours are for it to be extended) but you can get a couple of 737s in at once. With BLK having so much time during a given day(apron space) I'm sure any operator would be able to put an a/c on the ground when they wanted to. Even base an a/c at BLK with no problems. As the development of new operators and based a/c increases so will the size of the airport in my opinion.

The terminal is small but can handle a lot more pax than what it is doing at the moment. Again its back to the spare time the airport has everyday. If no a/c on the ground then no pax in the terminal so they wouldn't have a problem. These issues will only become a problem following a significant increase in pax and a/c using BLK.

I had a look on Flight International and couldn't find any reference to BLK/thomsonfly. Maybe it was not significant enough to put online.

airhumberside
21st Dec 2004, 09:28
I had a look on Flight International and couldn't find any reference to BLK/thomsonfly. Maybe it was not significant enough to put online.
No offence but it wouldn't be on Flight International's website when it was in Air International

BPL321
21st Dec 2004, 09:33
:)

That would be why then.Sorry about that. Just remembered it has being Flight from yesterday.