PDA

View Full Version : So whats a VB "Blue Star"??

Ace on Base
19th Dec 2004, 08:19
OK...... So what is a Virgin Blue "Blue Star" Member???:hmm:

How and where do I pay for or get the membership to this prestigious club?:confused:

Serious answers thanxs

..................... and why do they specifically want to know exactly how much you earn when submitting details. Is it a matter of "no fill in required fields - no job"?:{

And I thought the ATO were bad for wanting to know your ins and outs!!!:(

HEALY
19th Dec 2004, 08:42
Just done my new update as well and it appears it is for people that know someone in VB and have been given "a bit of a look in". If you look at it that way it is sort of explanatory.

Whiskery
19th Dec 2004, 20:20
Richard's answer to an elephant stamp, maybe ? :E

rescue 1
19th Dec 2004, 20:33
Jobs for the boy's!!??

After reading about REX pulling out of CBR, I've had another think about this - equal opportunity!

This is cronyism, and anti-competitive behaviour at its continued best; and what has become Australian aviation industry standard!!

Next Generation
19th Dec 2004, 22:11
From the Rex pulling out of CBR post:-
For a country that aspires to equal opportunity - this smacks of cronyism, and anti-competitive behaviour.

From this post:-
This is cronyism, and anti-competitive behaviour at its continued best; and what has become Australian aviation industry standard!!

All I can say is thank christ there is a system in place to keep w@nkers like you out!

The selection process is not just about the total hours in your logbook. A recommendation by an exisiting employee would be highly regarded in any occupation. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

Jobs for the boy's!!??
But not for the whinging girls like you.:}

oldhasbeen
20th Dec 2004, 07:20
Heard of people getting emails asking them to apply through this new system...... only problem is, these guys HAVE been employed at VB for 2 or 3 years already. Gotta give it to new technology! :D

Mr.Buzzy
20th Dec 2004, 21:32
Rescue1, it seems to be doing a fine job of keeping out the whingers then!

bbbbbzbzbzbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbzzzzzzzzzz

rescue 1
20th Dec 2004, 22:53
This subject always hits a raw nerve, and this will be my last post on the matter.

My concern with this style of recruitment is perfectly capable people without the network contacts will not be able to obtain a position in Australian aviation.

I find it interesting that Jetstar also has a “star” policy, but it does not raise the same irony on this discussion board. My assumption from this, is that it must be fairer or not used with the same legitimacy.

Mr Buzzy, and Next Gen, if we were to use your theory it could be extended to Command allocation in the same way. Now...there’s a thought for management!

Mr.Buzzy
20th Dec 2004, 23:04
Diddums Rescue1,
I'm told the system works just fine if you've managed to make a reasonable name for yourself..... Or have I touched a nerve now?

bbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbzbzbzbzbzbzzzzzzzzzzzzzz