PDA

View Full Version : Come on CASA be Fair

aerocom
18th Dec 2004, 05:57
As I fill out the CASA form for my new ATPL Photo Licence I get to page 5 when my blood starts to boil. For your new licence you need to supply two photos with out wearing a hat. But wait if you wear head gear for religious reasons thats ok as long as your face is showing. Ok people have there beliefs etc but a lot of people are now having to shell out money for security checks along with time to fill out all these new forms. Now I am not trying to wind people up or be racist, but people fitting this description were the ones who kicked all this security stuff off. So why the **** should they be except from having to display a full head shot like the rest of us. Fairs Fair.

compressor stall
18th Dec 2004, 06:13
In my religous beliefs as a "Hatter" I am unable to wear a bear head in public. I am forced by His Deity Chapeau, the God of Hatters to wear a baseball style peaked cap.

I'll present my membership and religious beliefs with my application and see what happens...

:8

Pinky the pilot
18th Dec 2004, 06:32
Aerocom; Surely you've worked it out by now! The politically correct brigade insist that one is not permitted to offer what may be construed as any form of offence to any minority group in this 'multicultural' Australia.
This of course means that you can offend the hell out of the majority of Australians and not have any penalty/comebacks/whatever inposed.
And just a thought;at the last census taken in Australia apparently there was a large percentage who indicated that they identified as belonging to some form of Christian religion. A majority I believe; don't have any accurate figures handy. Maybe someone else can supply same.

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

Icarus2001
18th Dec 2004, 06:40
I am unable to wear a bear head in public

A good job too. You would frighten people!

http://wiredheart.hispeed.com/images/rw_brown_bear.jpg

My personal favouite in this security photo licence nonsense is that until 30 June 2004 any CFI could issue a Student Pilot Licence ON THE SPOT. Now there is a SIX PAGE form to fill out asking for residential addresses for the last ten years!

Sykes
18th Dec 2004, 06:44
Christ mate, it doesn't take much for your blood to boil, does it??

If this p!sses you off, why not wear a tee shirt that says

"Timothy McVeigh wasn't a Muzzo" on it (or some such) when you have your photo taken

:}

swh
18th Dec 2004, 08:00
Had Trafalgar Happened Today

"Order the signal, Hardy."

"Aye, aye sir."

"Hold on, that's not what I dictated to the signal officer. What's the meaning of this?"

"Sorry sir?"

"England expects every person to do his duty, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religious persuasion or disability. What gobbledygook is this?"

"Admiralty policy, I'm afraid, sir. We're an equal opportunities employer now. We had the devil's own job getting 'England' past the censors, lest it be considered racist."

"Gadzooks, Hardy. Hand me my pipe and tobacco."

"Sorry sir. All naval vessels have been designated smoke-free working environments."

"In that case, break open the rum ration. Let us splice the mainbrace to steel the men before battle."

"The rum ration has been abolished, Admiral. Its part of the Government's policy on binge drinking."

"Good heavens, Hardy. I suppose we'd better get on with it. Full speed ahead."

"I think you'll find that there's a 4 knot speed limit in this stretch of water."

"Damn it man! We are on the eve of the greatest sea battle in history. We must advance with all dispatch. Report from the crow's nest, please."

"That won't be possible, sir."

"What?"

"Health and safety have closed the crow's nest, sir. No harness. And they said that rope ladder doesn't meet regulations. They won't let anyone up there until a proper scaffolding can be erected."

"Then get me the ship's carpenter without delay, Hardy."

"He's busy knocking up a wheelchair access to the fo'c'sle Admiral."

"Wheelchair access? I've never heard anything so absurd."

"Health and safety again, sir. We have to provide a barrier-free environment for the differently abled."

"Differently abled? I've only one arm and one eye and I refuse even to hear
mention of the word. I didn't rise to the rank of admiral by playing the
disability card."

"Actually, sir, you did. The Royal Navy is under-represented in the areas of visual impairment and limb deficiency."

"Whatever next? Give me full sail. The salt spray beckons."

"A couple of problems there too, sir. Health and safety won't let the crew up the rigging without crash helmets. And they don't want anyone breathing in too much salt - haven't you seen the adverts?"

I've never heard such infamy. Break out the cannon and tell the men to stand by to engage the enemy."

"The men are a bit worried about shooting at anyone, Admiral."

"What? This is mutiny."

"It's not that, sir. It's just that they're afraid of being charged with murder if they actually kill anyone. There's a couple of legal aid lawyers on board, watching everyone like hawks."

"Then how are we to sink the Frenchies and the Spanish?"

"Actually, sir, we're not."

"We're not?"

"No sir. The Frenchies and the Spanish are our European partners now.
According to the Common Fisheries Policy, we shouldn't even be in this stretch of water. We could get hit with a claim for compensation."

"But you must hate a Frenchman as you hate the devil."

"I wouldn't let the ship's diversity co-coordinator hear you saying that sir. You'll be up on disciplinary."

"You must consider every man an enemy who speaks ill of your King."

"Not any more, sir. We must be inclusive in this multicultural age. Now
put on your Kevlar vest; it's the rules."

"Don't tell me - health and safety. Whatever happened to rum, sodomy and the lash?"

As I explained, sir, rum is off the menu. And there's a ban on corporal punishment."

"What about sodomy?"

"I believe it's to be encouraged, sir."

"In that case, kiss me, Hardy."

compressor stall
18th Dec 2004, 08:05
I'd love to see thier reaction when I put in my list of places in which I have lived in the last ten years of Uni and GA.

At last count it was over 24.... and I am sure that there are other pilots out here who have done the uni then the GA "thing" who could count more!

Icarus and SWH...nicely done... :ok:

aerocom
18th Dec 2004, 11:02
sykes

Please dont use the name of Mcveigh on this site, he is better off dead and forgotton the parasite he is.

Big Jan
18th Dec 2004, 11:41
Sykes
I can still recall the scenes of radical christians jumping about screaming "God is great" and congratulating that scumbag.
:(

Towering Q
18th Dec 2004, 13:39
Agreed Stallie...and I wouldn't mention that trip to Kamchatka (spelling?) either, could cause you no end of pain.:uhoh:

compressor stall
18th Dec 2004, 22:38
Hmmm, too right Towerin Q, maybe it's fortunate that there are no boxes for "times when you have been fired at by Foreign Military" and "times when you have been arrested after finding yourself in an unmarked top secret air force base". :ooh:

Fission
18th Dec 2004, 23:42
Hmmm, didn't know that Tindal was THAT secret Stallie :}

Wonder when they will start asking for details of our girlfriends/ Boyfriends, just in case they have subversive influences on us

planemad2
19th Dec 2004, 01:54
Seriously though, if you are renewing an ATPL, I take it you are a Commercial Pilot?

Couldn't you say that in your job, for which you need this ATPL, you are required to wear a cap at all times. ;)

I take it you are, as part of a uniform.

compressor stall
19th Dec 2004, 01:57
Lol fission....yep, Tindal and Secure are oxymorons! Well at least they were anyway.

And HTF am I supposed to remember that address in Parap? :ugh: I don't think I ever arrived there sober!

Obiwan
19th Dec 2004, 08:43
And just a thought;at the last census taken in Australia apparently there was a large percentage who indicated that they identified as belonging to some form of Christian religion.

A few years ago it was slightly less than 70%. The next biggest was the Atheists with 27%. Buddhism had 1.9% then Islam had 1.5%. But where are the Jedi? :rolleyes:

apache
19th Dec 2004, 12:31
Ummmm... actually, I DID put down that I was a JEDI.... so I presume that my photo can be taken in my bathrobe, with a bright light(sabre) maybe shadowing my face, and I am allowed to kill bad people as part of my religion .... so... Can I get my licence,which by the way is "perpetually valid" renewed (not that it needs to be!)

And where does one go to get "X-Wing fighter", "Land speeder", and "supply ship from the dark side" go, for the endorsement stickers ???

PS: My instrument rating would have been pulled in OZ, if I had crashed the x-wing into the swamp like that!!!!!! ... and let's not even MENTION the insurance premiums

Gunner B12
19th Dec 2004, 13:33
When renewing your ATPL couldn't you have a bit of fun and also list all the hotels you have stayed in for overnight stops. Lets face it you guys virtually live in hotels. Imagine the expense they would have to go to to check them all out.

Get your $200 worth!:D :D :D :D

Icarus2001
20th Dec 2004, 08:18
How about WE ALL choose one address and include it in our list. So that every pilot in Australia has lived at this one house at some time?

Perhaps a well known brothel address?:ok:

Pinky the pilot
20th Dec 2004, 09:13
How about WE ALL choose one address.... What about the "Australian Hotel" at Boulia, don'tcha reckon Apache?
It would be as good a place as any. And just think of the brain surge it would give the security boys in checking it out!!:E

You only live twice. Once when
you're born. Once when
you've looked death in the face.

karrank
20th Dec 2004, 09:54
My photo id just arrived, WHAT A PIECE OF CR@P! A desperately inconvenient size (85x125mm) that won't fit in a wallet and far too flimsy a piece of paper to survive in anything other than a dedicated folder of some kind, and yet I'm supposed to carry it.

This astounding security device appears to have been printed on old envelopes using a 10 year old dodgy ink-jet and covered in clear contact by a twitchy school librarian. My 10 year old could duplicate it in minutes, if he could get our laser to print that blurry...

Stop Press: If you view the clear contact through a piece of plastic the previously invisible ozzie coat of arms watermark becomes visible. Don't even think a high-school librarian will be able to duplicate it...

I compare this p1ssweak effort with my near-indistructable plastic car licence, and wonder what planet these goons are on.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

the wizard of auz
20th Dec 2004, 12:44
A few years ago it was slightly less than 70%. The next biggest was the Atheists with 27%. Buddhism had 1.9% then Islam had 1.5%. But where are the Jedi?
Right here bloke. :}