PDA

View Full Version : Euromanx's ATR-42's

WOWBOY
17th Dec 2004, 17:32
Is it true that they have got rid of thier ATR's?

Readthis
http://www.jethros.i12.com/FLEETS/Listings/EUROMANX.htm[/URL]

skyrabbit
17th Dec 2004, 20:52
The ATRs were operated on their behalf by Rossair, a Dutch company. Looks like Denim Air are operating the Fokker 50 until the RJ70 comes on line.

Rabbs

Eh Hello?
18th Dec 2004, 20:34
Rossair went t1ts up a few weeks back so Denim were brought in on lease at short notice to operate the Euromanx services. Both the 19 seat Beech 1900's and 46 seat ATRs have been replaced with 50 seat Fokkers so a big capacity jump (althogh there are rumours of a Jetstream 32 in the pipeline). Euromanx, the airline which will operate RJ70 jets from early 2005, is, as of now, just a company which "ticket provides on behalf of Denim Air bv". No doubt the CAA are a little less than pleased.....

we_never_change
18th Dec 2004, 21:06
Where does Woodgate Aviation fit into all of this? I've recently noted a Pa31 (GLIDE) & Jetstream 31 (GCCPW) operating flights with EMX (Euromanx) callsigns but both of these aircraft are owned by Woodgate.

WNC

Eh Hello?
18th Dec 2004, 23:03
AFAIK Euromanx was set up as an offshoot of Woodgate. I may be wrong but, with RJ70's operating at £99 return to LCY and the necessity to lease Denimair to cover for the fall of Rossair, it may all be academic in a few months' time. If they can make it work, I for one will be most impressed.

The new owner may have deep pockets, but how long are his arms?

Ronaldsway Radar
8th Jan 2005, 15:40
Understanding that EMX were formed from woodgate, and were operating on leased a/c, I do believe that as funds grow stronger, they will be more self-sufficient, for one phrase or another. Being a regular visitor down at EGNS, it is very difficult to tell on EMX aircraft from another, and the ATC callsigns dont help much, but gradually, 'EuroManx' is being heard on the ronaldsway frequencies more often. Thank God....
Martyn

spanner the cat
9th Jan 2005, 20:11
RR

What's good about the euromanx callsign?

Largely it either signifies a grotty little Navajo Chieftan or a foreign aircraft that (before Rossair went down the tubes) wasn't particularly airworthy and not flown to the best of standards.

A marvellous advert for the Island indeed! :ugh:

skyrabbit
9th Jan 2005, 20:31
spanner.....it's not too clever to post about public transport aircraft being 'unairworthy'.....I suggest you have a little think before you post again.

Rabbs:suspect:

cumberland
9th Jan 2005, 21:57
Very true 'Rabbs', Particularly when some of the other carriers that fly in and out of the island have a very upsetting reliability record. One in particular comes to my mind, 748GTI's Best of British:{

skyrabbit
9th Jan 2005, 22:07
the incident(s) to which you refer are not an airworthiness issue, more to do with the equipment at EGNS which has now changed with the introduction of an ILS on RWY 08.

It is not good to bring the safety record of a company into question in here or anywhere else.

Rabbs

Fried_Chicken
9th Jan 2005, 23:10
As for Euromanx (I think it may have been covered elsewhere), will they or won't they be operating to LCY? Do they have their 146s yet?

Last I heard is that as well as the DenimAir Fokkers, they were leasing a Metro & an ATR42 from Atlantic Airlines of Coventry. (their other ATR42 currently on longterm lease to bmi)

Fried Chicken

spanner the cat
12th Jan 2005, 20:41
Rabbs - I didn't actually say they weren't airworthy but I concede it wasn't one of my finer posts.

Happy flying!