PDA

View Full Version : Flywho!

future_pilot17
17th Dec 2004, 10:47
Anyone checked out there site recently, had a massive upgrade take a look......:ok:
http://www.flywho.co.uk/

jabird
17th Dec 2004, 11:28
Wow, certainly an improvement, and after all the promises, it is really good to see this at last. Just a quote though, nothing confirmed - and the cheapest flight I could find - to Orlando in Oct was £686. There must be cheaper fares if you hunt around though, but this premium is still way above any of their rivals imho. Has anyone booked with them yet?

eggc
17th Dec 2004, 11:40
I am looking to book to Florida in Jan 06, and flywho is one of the most expensive prices i have found (£1,700 family of 4) close on £600 more than with AA via MIA.

Come to think of it, if you are prepared to connect then nearly every carrier has cheaper deals in Jan 06....and given the choice i'll am going to cheap that extra £600 in my bank and fly AA from MAN.

nickmanl
17th Dec 2004, 11:46
I always want to see new airlines suceed but I can't help feeling this one is doomed to fail. For the sake of a 1-2 hour drive people can get cheaper flights to Orlando from Heathrow and Manchester.

They might be able to carve a niche market for the flights to Clearwater and Fort Lauderdale but the A310 seems the wrong choice of aircraft again.

What happens when they need maintenance? They're aren't many A310 operators in the Uk. At least Britannia would havebeen able to help them out with the 767's.

warkman
17th Dec 2004, 11:59
I see they are still going with their "No children under 7 in the Gold cabin" nonsense.

They will never get my flights because of that.

we_never_change
17th Dec 2004, 17:54
Do Airbus/BAe Systems still carry out A300/A310 work at Bristol Filton or is the hangar now solely used by MK Cargo?

BHX-FZO isn't that far to ferry an airbus.

WNC

The Flying Lip
17th Dec 2004, 23:18
Congratulations to the posters above who have missed the point of flywho.

If you are going for the lowest fare, it won't be flywho. They are offering a PREMIUM economy service - not an economy service - so comparing their fares with CO, VS or BA economy fares is not comparing like with like. Do a comparison between WTP (BA) or PE (VS) and you'll see lots in flywho's favour....

If you want to pay £300 to go back and forth to Florida in a seat marginally smaller than you are, with cardboard food - fine. That is just not the market flywho are trying to serve!

TheOddOne
18th Dec 2004, 09:54
We did Gatwick - Orlando last Easter with BA (777) family of 4 £1,500. Excellent on-time (push was 2 mins early at LGW) WORKING seat-back entertainment for the young'uns, food OK, friendly service, comfort of knowing there's a backup a/c at LGW.

I know it was in Economy and no seat/upgrade available as it was packed, but felt confident that the airline would get us there and back when they said they would (as indeed they did) The best price we found was Icelandair via Reykjavik and LaGuardia which I would have preferred but not with a family in tow! and it would have taken twice as long.

Good luck to anyone trying something new, but remember what happened to Freddie Laker when he tried a premium service UK-Florida, using an a/c type he was familiar with...

Cheers,
The Odd One

Trislander
18th Dec 2004, 11:12
Surely in this day and age when it's cost that matters over and above service, why would someone want to start up a premium only airline? Seems daft and risky to me.:confused:

nickmanl
18th Dec 2004, 11:44
I agree with you Trislander. And withouth being rude and disrespectful to the people from Birmingham, surely it would make more sense to operate this service from a southern airport? (eg LGW, STN even LTN) This is because the people who are most likely to want to pay more for a premium flight (aka rich people) are found more in the south than the midlands!

jabird
18th Dec 2004, 13:27
The Flying Lip,

I think Nickmanl gives the reasons why we are sceptical about such a premium service from Birmingham. Even if they do want to offer "a little extra", did they really have to offer as much as a 38" minimum pitch? Not sure how wide the seats are, but most of their charter rivals will be more like 30, so this is quite a premium.

Or, does operating with less seats give them operational advantages off BHX's short runway? I don't think the other charter operators have a problem getting down to Florida though do they - just the scheduled airlines trying to take lots of freight as well as pax?

skyrabbit
18th Dec 2004, 18:03
Personally I consider the A310-300 to be an inspirational choice of equipment which fits the route structure and cabin configuration perfectly. There are some excellent late models available and I have no doubt that they will fit the bill.

As for Britannia being able to maintain the 767, there is always Monarch who can provide engineering support for the 'bus.....the A310 is just a short fuselage A300 after all (was originally called the A300 B10).

I am often amazed at some of the garbage people post on here. :hmm:

Rabbs:ok:

DTYSAPCO
18th Dec 2004, 18:07
Just wondered if they are looking at recruiting some low houred pilots

DTYSAPCO :ooh:

TwinAisle
18th Dec 2004, 20:53
Depends what you fly. I guess there is one way to find out, and that is to apply....

As for Trislander's comments - if that were the case, why do BA and Virgin get all those people in WTP/PE/Upper/Club and First?

I think that flywho have hit on something pretty cool here. And I will bet you that they will have done a lot more numbers and research than most people on here!

TA

warkman
19th Dec 2004, 09:38
JABird,

We tried their cabin seats at the Travel show.

the standard or "Silver" cabin seats had excellent leg room, however the width felt tighter than anyone elses economy seat and the recline (remeber you have a large distance between the rows) was rubbish, no better than normal economy recline.

the Gold cabin seats were like Virgin's old Upper Class "Recardo" seats.

I see that if you go to the original web site www.flyblu.co.uk it does not link to the new site, so people who are not aware that the company has changed names or have the new URL will be totally in the dark.

niceguy
20th Dec 2004, 17:00
Hi there ppruners.

Been away for some while with no decent dial up available so have been caught out by the BIG UPGRADE on flyblu/flywho/flywhat etc website!

As you know, I am in favour of this adventure. I applaud the men and women behind it and hope like anything that they pull it off.

Interestingly, previous posters have now started to understand the concept, though it seems to still be rather slow in getting home with many others. This is PREMIUM economy, NOT economy!!!

Happy to see someone else thinks the A310 is an inspirational choice! Maybe the welsh are not as simple as they look!! JUST JOKING!!!!

I have to say that if I was taking a family of 4 and lived close to BHX I would NOT drive for two hours, Pay £130 to park for 14 days and then fly stock economy instead of taking the blu/who/what/when route direct in LONG legroom. Some will save it but some will spend it-

GOOD LUCK to you all. Happy Christmas and keep on smiling!

niceguy

p.s. Free seats to anywhere welcome if anyone has any!!!!

Harrier46
20th Dec 2004, 21:45
The A310 could well be a good choice, but hardly inspirational. Fact is there are quite a few parked up in the desert at the moment and several operators are offering reasonably priced packages to fly them.

we_never_change
21st Dec 2004, 16:10
Will Flywho be operating the flight themselves (providing crew wtc..) or will they just be selling tickets with another airline providing an aircraft/crew etc..

There were mention of Islandsflug being involved when Flyblu switched from the proposed B767 to the A310

WNC

330-Purser
22nd Dec 2004, 20:22
Will Flywho be operating the flight themselves (providing crew wtc..) or will they just be selling tickets with another airline providing an aircraft/crew etc..

Taking into account they have stated tickets will be ATOL protected, and from information I've heard, it is Jetlife that will be bonding the passengers for Flywho. I think its going to be a Euromanx style operation.

As for the aircraft itself, I heard a certain Turkish carrier may be involved with a name not too disimilar to a certain UK golden oldie tour operator...

The Flying Lip
22nd Dec 2004, 20:57
330-Purser -

Jetlife - wrong.
Euromanx style - wrong.
Turkish? - wrong.

0/3. Must try harder!

TFL ;)

skyrabbit
22nd Dec 2004, 21:01
I'm glad we're not as simple as we look....................cos we make all the airbus wings here!!!

Rabbs

simple taff :}

330-Purser
22nd Dec 2004, 21:14
Jetlife - wrong.

Well flying lip, seeing as you claim to know more than anyone, why not share your inside information?

You really should call Flywho, they are telling potential customers that Jetlife are bonding and doing the ticket sales. Try it for yourself sometime. It all add's up to charter style basically doesn't it.

If not Turkish... tell us who is then? Or maybe you don't know at all?

The Flying Lip
22nd Dec 2004, 21:41
Jetlife IS wrong. I would listen again to what they tell you!

You're warm.... but not hot.

I don't claim to know more than anyone else, 330-Purser. Just more than you!

There are more models of airlines than a simple charter or scheduled split. Wait and see.

I could post a lot more on flywho on here - but a lot of what is planned is confidential, and a lot of it would be VERY interesting to some existing operators. Have patience!!

There is NO Turkish involvement in flywho.

TFL

skyrabbit
22nd Dec 2004, 21:42
I know The Flying Lip.....and he knows what he's talking about!

Rabbs ;)

eal401
23rd Dec 2004, 08:38
I see they are still going with their "No children under 7 in the Gold cabin" nonsense.
And this is nonsense why??? Or is it the usual, I can take my kids where I like, but anyone who prevents me is selfish? :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good venture, whether it'll succeed or not, I don't know. And nice to see that they charge the child rate to 14 years. (did you see that bit warkman??")

warkman
23rd Dec 2004, 12:11
Its nonsense eal401 because they are discriminating against all parents of children under 7.
It has nothing to do with selfishness.
Would you complain if theys aid no blacks in Gold, or no disabled or no women? Its the same sort of discrimination. My money is just as good as a parent with a teenager brat who can be more annoying than my 3 years old, or a buisnessman who gets his Gold cabin seat paid for by a company then goews and has sex with a woman sitting next to him he has just met but they get pissed and embarras the rest of the cabin, or the adult who deficates on the trolly, both as you know true stories, but Flywho have diecided that if we want to fly with them, we have to sit in cramped tight seats in economy, just because Murcott seems not to like children, well guess what? most people on this route take children for some reason, could WDW have something to do with that?
Now Flywho can keep their Gold cabin, I will NEVER fly with them for two reasons
1) Virgins Upper Class seats are more comfortable than last generation recardo type seats
2) If my well behaved son is not acceptable to them fthe Gold cabin, then they bare not acceptable to me.

ATNotts
23rd Dec 2004, 14:14
Warkman

I don't see the problem with giving PAX who will pay a seat in a quiet area of the aircraft - i.e. no screaming kids!

It's a long flight to Florida and there are too many thoughless parents who decide to give little Johnny his first experience of flying on long-haul.

When our daughter was young we deliberately gave her her first trip to Ibiza, just a couple of hours, so it wasn't too stressfull either for her or the people around us. She was no trouble and now flies hapilly anywhere and everywhere.

ClickRich
23rd Dec 2004, 14:29
This airline looks like a breath of fresh air to the last 5 years of LCC school playground marketing (my flight's cheaper than your flight). An airline that credits its target market with some intelligence.

I see that Flywho is owned by BluArrow Aviation Limited, but who's behind the venture? Any characters? Escapees from another airline? Privately funded?

Absolutely fascinated as to how these folks are setting up from scratch. I appreciate that some of this might be very confidential at the moment but hopefully someone will post some answers one day.

The best of luck to FlyWho. Please can someone do this for us in Bournemouth- some wealthy people around these parts.

niceguy
23rd Dec 2004, 22:56
Warkman, you are hard work.

Frankly I dont think I would want you sitting next to me for ten hours, let alone any offspring you might produce.

We can see that your comments come from a lifetime in senior management and it is so obvious that you have run a big company before and made ALL the decisions based entirely on your personal prejudices rather than thinking about the value to the customers as a whole. Well done. We bow to you!

Actually I think we will all be better off if you dont fly in those nasty old Gold seats at all. You will do us a favour. If I buy a seat there (and I definately will) I dont want a moron next to me for ten hours. Indeed, your kid will probably be cleverer. He might even be able to spell!!!

So you do as you threaten. Dont fly with nasty old flywho. You show them. pooh to them eh! They will be gutted I suspect when they hear you went with someone else just cos 'Murcott seems not to like children'.

Whatever you are drinking, STOP IT NOW! It is doing you no good whatsoever! Perhaps you could explain 'could WDW have something to do with that?'

Just a small point but there is no seat manufacturer called recardo, but then you knew that didnt you!

Bognor is nice you know, and you dont need any airline to get you there. Right up your street I imagine!

skyrabbit
23rd Dec 2004, 23:12
seat maker is Recaro......make racing car seats as a sideline

Rabbs :ok:

niceguy
2nd Jan 2005, 23:12
Amazing how it has all gone quiet here.

I cant believe that you are all so upset and vocal about the 'nasty flywho' one day, and the next you are silent. What is going on in your minds??????

I am happy to tell you that I have an interview with flywho for crew (so there, nerrrr) and if you dont I would not be too suprised if you are a regular poster on here!

Hoping for a lot but expecting little (if I am honest) because despite my enthusiasm I am also a realist! I know that this company have a tough job to make this work now that they have upset most of the aviation community in the region, but lets see.

Please post if you also have a call to interview.

happy 2005

Iconic
6th Jan 2005, 16:49
Well I have to agree with nice guy. I think there will be a lot of egg on peoples faces come end of summer 2005.

Flywho are offering a service sadly lacking from BHX currently and indeed any other midland regional airport.

They have done their research and I know have massive financial backing:ok:

SO roll on the lauch and I look forward to my interview also in the next few weeks!:D

The Greaser
6th Jan 2005, 18:01
I just looked at some fares in the Summer to St Petersburg and found the cheapest one was about 850 quid!! What's that all about. By the way BA is half of that.

Mike16
7th Jan 2005, 06:54
Hi Guys

Well i am in total shock, i have watched this so called company over the last 2 years or so, especially on here, when it was flyblu and what a shambles they are.
They promised to be set up this time last year with cabin crew, flight deck etc.......
All this so called company have done is change there name again, and you all fall for it, have they actually got an aircraft yet ? have u proof ? i spoke to my friend who works at BHX and in there dept they have not heard of this outfit !
They charge astronomical sums of money to get to the usa, when you can go there from £180.00.
I personally think this is some wild dream someone is having and they will have the EGG on there face for sure.

ClickRich
7th Jan 2005, 08:19
Mike16, so they're not flying yet. Then you don't need to complain about their prices do you?

I'm just willing to reserve my judgement until they have made a go of it. Why are people in the UK so keen to knock new ventures and people trying something different?

If they don't exist, they're hardly making your life worse, so quit complaining.

Mike16
7th Jan 2005, 08:55
Hi

I am not against any new set up, i say go for it, but if you have read threads on flyblu and flywho you will know they have not got the greatest fan club.
Last year when they were flyblu they got a lot of people all worked up and a lot of false promises were made, which never materialised.
I suggest you do a search on flyblu on here and you will see what i mean.
However if it is a gen company i wish them a lot of luck..

jetstream7
7th Jan 2005, 09:42
Mike16 / The Greaser

You're missing the point on the airline's pricing strategy.

They don't believe they need to be the cheapest, and thus their prices are as you describe.

Whether there will be enough passengers willing to pay these fares to find out whether the airline provides good value for money is another thing altogether.

Mike16

That they don't have an aircraft at this stage is irrelevant - whether they have one if and when they start operations is.

You say that your friend who works in BHX hasn't heard of the airline in their department - tell us what department this is, then we can make a decision whether this relevant or not...

Mike16
7th Jan 2005, 10:07
Hi

Work in press relations and the marketing department there.

Cyrano
7th Jan 2005, 11:23
I think you'll find that the airport marketing folks at BHX (ie the ones whose actual job it is to talk to airlines) are well aware of flyblu's/flywho's existence.

The fact that they have made a very public switch from the 767-300 (relatively plentiful in the market) to the A310 (less so) suggests to me that they have identified a specific source for the aircraft or are close to doing so. I wouldn't expect them to actually take delivery of the aircraft (and start paying for it) until at the earliest a week or two before first revenue flight.

Harrier46
7th Jan 2005, 12:15
Cyrano
Think you're wrong about the A310 / 767-300 availability. The A310 lease rates are cheaper, plenty around (including parked up in the USA) whereas 767-300s seem to get snapped up as soon as they become available. However there do seem to be more 767-200s around.

jabird
7th Jan 2005, 12:37
If I was in Flywho's marketing department, I wouldn't give a stuff about how many of BHX's staff knew about them. But I would be very interested to know how many of the travelling public were aware of them. Spoke to 3 customers at BHX this morning - all frequent fliers, and all very clued up about the market, but none had heard of Flywho. Not aware of any advertising for them anywhere on site either.

I will continue to be sceptical about this airline, even though I would like to see them succeed for many reasons. However, duo already tried this "making it a pleasure to fly again" blurb, without any sound marketing activity, and look where they ended up.

The Greaser
7th Jan 2005, 13:14
Who in their right mind are going to make bookings with this company? Remember Now, and that South African debacle! I don't think it is a good time to start something like this up. The bucket and spade destinations are not compatible with fares of this magnitude.

Trolley-Dolly-Babe
7th Jan 2005, 16:14
Forgive me for sounding like a cynic here, but you still don't appear to be able to book online and the people answering the phones are the same couple that were answering them last year about recruitment and stuff. I thought they made another promise to be able to book from 15 December? Whats gone wrong this time? I thought they had everything sorted out now?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Mike16
7th Jan 2005, 18:24
i smell a shambles coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where are there adverts for this company etc ?????

niceguy
8th Jan 2005, 18:12
I smell a shambles coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where are there adverts for this company etc ?????

----------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the latest America brochure from Jetset flights which is available in almost every travel agent in the UK!

This includes the multiples and miniples and independents from Kent to Scotland.

As this company doesn't intend to try to replace VS or BA or even give the major charter boys a hard time they dont need millions of customers, just a few thousand wealthy ones. You still dont have it do you???

This is NOT economy travel!!! Try again with your quotes against PREMIUM ECONOMY and WTP.

Also, what is the problem with having the same people answer the phones a year on??? Hells teeth, I would think that speaks volumes about stable employment, not setting a case for worry.

Maybe you enjoy working for a firm that changes people every 5 months, but I like the idea of still being there in a year!!! Each to his own though so enjoy.

jabird
9th Jan 2005, 19:03
Niceguy,

We do get it. We understand what Flywho are trying to do. What we don't understand is (a) why they have chosen to offer a premium only service from Birmingham, when the market for such flights must be so much greater from London, (b) how they are going to convince people that they will be able to deliver on their service after so many broken promises, and (c) how they plan to develop any kind of brand recognition without any advertising, and a minimal internet presence.

When the travel market is being increasingly brought downmarket by the likes of Ryanair, any move to buck this trend has to be very welcome, especially from a Midlands airport.

Before anyone suggests a contradiction in this post (I have also stood up for Ryanair on other threads - they are very good at what they do, but I would never want to see them dominate the market), there is a huge difference in my books between wanting something to work, and actually thinking it will work.

Ian Farquharson
9th Jan 2005, 21:10
.....a) why they have chosen to offer a premium only service from Birmingham, when the market for such flights must be so much greater from London

People from Birmingham and The Midlands have been travelling to London for years to catch long haul flights, so why can't these southerners travel to BHX ?

Ian

Fried_Chicken
9th Jan 2005, 23:06
These "southerners" won't travel to BHX because the flights will still be avialable from Heathrow/Gatwick. As for Manchester or Leeds (or other areas to the north of Birmingham), these airports have frequent flights (with BA or bmi) to Heathrow so again, why travel to B'ham?

Fried Chicken

jabird
10th Jan 2005, 01:33
Ian,

London already has 8 departure airports, if you count SEN, LYD and MSE. You would also go past CVT on the way to BHX (if using the M1/A45). So what would Londoners call their 10th airport - "London North by Northwest?"

Fried, given a choice between MAN-LGW-TPA with BA or BHX-PIE direct with Flywho, I can see why several people living to the south of MAN might take the direct option.

However:

1) They need to know the option exists - and even BHX pax (or staff!) don't seem to at present
2) Not everyone wants a premium cabin.

teachin
10th Jan 2005, 15:52
This is all too much like "NOW Airlines"...

Mike16
10th Jan 2005, 15:56
Here Here Teachin

My thoughts as well, this time last year it was all Flyblu and now 2005 it is Flywho ? exactly WHO is it ?

Bye

Danny_R
10th Jan 2005, 17:00
Just sit back and stop fussing gents, if they are going to happen, they will do. Criticizing them before they even get off the ground isn’t constructive.

Give them a chance, its not easy setting up an airline remember!

Ms Spurtle
11th Jan 2005, 12:30
First Choice will be flying longhaul out of East Mids from May.
Deffo Florida. Not sure about anywhere else.

On their new 767s too. Less seats.. more legroom.. premium economy & premium first.

Iconic
11th Jan 2005, 12:41
Ok I think there are a few things we need to get straight here.

Low cost travel is all very well and good, why pay several hundred pounds for a flight to the likes of TFS when you can go with a low cost carrier for half the price. Only difference being your not getting your meal tray, comp drinks wine or headets included. Have to say I can live without the frills for such a flight. At the end of the day on a four hour flight or under the luxuries are really not that important.

This is the where the difference comes in though with what flywho are proposing. We are talking long-haul trips here guys. Flights of certainly eight hours plus with a five hour time difference. Now for those of you that have travelled long haul you will know being stuck in a miniscule seat pitch alone for that length of time is no fun at all. Thats why it is impossible to compare the product of flywho with any economy, lo cost carrier on the market. Their product is in essence a niche offering to the travelling public of BHX.

The state of Florida is still rapidly expanding and more and more of us are choosing to holiday there at least once within a five year period. They have done their research well and delaying the lauch although causing some disapointment amongst the masses was a very wise and bold move to make.

Eyes open wide people, the flywho experience has arrived!;)

skyrabbit
11th Jan 2005, 13:07
Ms Spurtle......the FCA 767 will have 33" seat pitch in premium economy and 35" in 'first'. Air Canada economy is 34"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flywho cabins will have 38" and 45" pitch, and complimentary bar service in both classes.

A bit different wouldn't you say?

Rabbs :}

VIKING9
11th Jan 2005, 13:27
The big difference though is that FCA flights will get off the ground :O

Mike16
11th Jan 2005, 14:42
And also remember guys, FCA have planes , not like Flywho, who would like to own some, oh and another important fact, FCA advertise very well and are half the price.....

Bye

ATNotts
11th Jan 2005, 15:18
Mike 16

What exactly is your problem with these people? Have you had a run in the with management, or just been cold shouldered for an interview? All your posts on this subject seem to be little more than a tirade of 110% negativity.

I share your and others' scepticism for the operation, but why is there the need to castigate it before it's even had a chance.

Surprisingly there are people "north of Watford" who don't just go for the cheapest, and look for some element of quality service, and comfort. If Flywho get their venture off the ground then they will be offering a genuine alternative to the cr***y seating pitch and inflight service offered by the "bucket and spade" operators, and I wish them every success in carving a niche for themselves

Mike16
11th Jan 2005, 16:27
Hi

I have had run ins with this so called company, if you do a search on here on Flyblu, you will see some very lenghty threads on this outfit.
I applied for cabin crew last year, and was left hanging like a lot of other people.
All i am saying, is do not get your hopes up, They failed to deliver last year and maybe they will do the same this year !
Anyway we will have to wait and see.

Bye

Danny_R
11th Jan 2005, 17:05
You must also remember, Flywho won't have any aircraft until a week or before the first scheduled flight, for them to have an aircraft would make absolutely no sense and be completely pointless!

Fried_Chicken
11th Jan 2005, 21:14
I think this point has previously been covered but Flyblu/who were originally planning to start ops with a B767 but then swapped for an A310 so presumably, they have a source for this aircraft.

Fried Chicken

skyrabbit
11th Jan 2005, 21:41
It is my understanding that two aircraft have already been sourced and are soon to be painted and have interiors fitted.

Rabbs :)

VIKING9
12th Jan 2005, 05:41
Interviews lined up means nothing. Do they have the financial back that the CAA require ?

Mike16
12th Jan 2005, 07:59
Hi Mr Niceguy

Thankyou so much for your lovely teaser, well i do work for an airline, and guess what it is a lo-co, i have been there for 2 years nearly, i earn great pay, meet great crew, meet lovely passengers, to this date i have never had a bad passenger, fly on decent new aircraft, i work for a company where the profits are up and up, job security is brill, i get fed and watered at work, we have staff travel and most of all i love my job.
It may only be a lo-co, but the orange vibe is cool, i like it, i don't like being lied to time and time again, like this so called outfit, i do hope it works out, but i do not see a market for them.
I hope you get the job and are as happy as i am, i take it you have not flown lo-co then ?
You see, we may be cheap, buy my god, we give excellent customer service and get repeat business all the time !!!!! can flyblu or who do that ? Let's see........

Bye

Hi

One thing before you ask, whi if i am so happy doing what i am doing, was i applying for flyblu last year, the answer like a lot of other crew is i would like to do long haul.
So i am staying where i am, the grass is never greener on the other side, incase of flyblu / who they probably haven\'t even got grass...... sorry i had to slip that one in...... lol

Bye

Transat Hostie
12th Jan 2005, 09:24
Mike16 I'm totally with you sweetie. Last years efforts from flyblu were shameful. Stick with where your at now, at least they have a decent reputation!

As for niceguy, the only reason he'll be at the interviews next month is because he is the CEO and has a thing for seamed stockings, remember the original photos everyone? His postings make it so obvious who he really is. Only people on the inside could claim to know as much as he does, and I suspect there are few more from flywho HQ posting on here too.

So they get off the ground this year, great. Remember though flywho marketing department - we've heard it all before. So you do get off the ground, how long will you last with all premium seats on a bucket and spade route? lol!!!

Over and out!

;)

ClickRich
12th Jan 2005, 10:00
Last years efforts from flyblu were shameful - I'm sure Flyblu/Flywho are as disappointed as anyone else that their plans didn't pan out as they had hoped. As the founder of several businesses, setbacks in the early days hurt and you need to keep focussed, determined and persistant to deliver results. I don't know exactly how they let people down and failed to deliver their promises (what exactly is a promise in business anyway?), but in due course I'd hope they apologise to those whose expectations were not met, be humble about how they've needed to regroup and empathise with those who are miffed at their treatment. From there they can start to rebuild their reputation.

Good luck in the venture.

Mike16
12th Jan 2005, 12:07
Hi Transit Hostie

Thanks for some support here, i feel i live on button moon with these people on here, i do remember the pics, that awful uniform etc, and that daft butterfly, what was that about ?
So i think the uniform will suit most of the pr**cks on here, i don't wish any one bad luck at all, but they have not made a good impression already have they ?

Bye

Cyrano
12th Jan 2005, 13:17
Mike16:

So i think the uniform will suit most of the pr**cks on here,

You're not happy with your experience last year with FlyBlu recruitment. Fine. You've told us that... several times. No need to descend to name-calling just because other posters don't agree with you.

Maybe it'd be more constructive, as well as supporting PPRUNE, if you buy a personal title, e.g.

Mike16
Hates flyblu

rather than just repeatedly posting variants of the same derogatory comments? ;)

(note: I have nothing at all to do with fly[blu/who]. I don't know if they'll succeed or fail. I think they seriously underestimated the complexity of starting up and p*ssed a number of people off en route, but I'm prepared to give them a chance to redeem themselves and I'm interested to see whether there's a market for their product and whether they can market it effectively.)

ClickRich
12th Jan 2005, 13:28
Mike16,
No matter what you do or don't have against Flywho, by making offensive comments against the many posters such as myself who have not resorted to personal insults, I suggest that you're not creating a positive image for your own employer.

Next time I fly Ezy, I'll be wondering which of the staff are thinking I'm one... ...of the pr**cks

Mike16
12th Jan 2005, 14:34
Hi

Have i insulted any passengers at all ? i think not, i said, we give excellent customer service, that is why the company i work for does so well, we have repeat business.
If you folks have taken a look at my post's you will see i have not once wished them bad, all i have actually said is, they have had a bad image is so far, no advertising etc...... i hope they do make a go of it, so guy's please take time to look at all my post's, before starting to insult me, yes there are some pr**cks out there and did i mention a particular person ?

Bye

GK430
12th Jan 2005, 17:50
Well B'ham seems to attract them. Even if this latest venture gets off the runway without going via Bangor, how long will it last.

First Choice can at least carry belly freight out of EMA which no doubt keeps pax surcharges to a min.

B'ham seems more intent on spending money on the Bullring shopping centre than investing in the airport. Okay, it spends, but relatively speaking.....

I note the Midland Air 767 is still sat on the ground with no C of A.
Well at least its accumulating parking charges - just a shame it isn't translated into runway charges, pax taxes and traditional economic viability.

Fried_Chicken
12th Jan 2005, 19:06
Ah, but whilst the Midland Air/Slovak Air B767 is sat on the ground at Brum, they have to position an aircraft in to operate the flight & out afterwards, thus creating more in landing fee's than the B767 would have. Just before xmas these (Midland Air) flights were operated by IcelandAir B757s whilst the last couple of flights have been operated by an Armavia A320.

B'ham are currently spending money on the airport infastructure, currently constucting an extra turnoff off the main runway + widening of some of the taxiways.

Manchester had Backpackers Express, not heard about them for abit so it isn't just B'ham although I think that Flywho may just work.

FC

niceguy
12th Jan 2005, 22:33
good old Mike16. Seems to be ticking almost everyone off. Well done!

As for me being the boss at flyblu/who/where/when etc. I can only say again 'I WISH!'

Where do some people get their ideas? I guess it comes from me being supportive of this venture. Happily I find larger numbers of others who dont agree with the doubters either now, but you might like to know that I am attending the interviews AS A CANDIDATE!

You might also like to know that a charter airline structure (which this surely is now) doesnt need to sell seats in singles if a tour company is paying for the whole plane.

Why would flywho need to promote themselves to sell seats if someone has already agreed to charter the whole aircraft? So those out there moaning about lack of advertising , please understand that they dont need to do it anymore than Astraeus need to sell directly to the public. Or Britannia or Air Atlanta etc.

I do find it amazing that the people at blu/who/what/when are even being critisised for not doing things that dont need to be done! You'll start moaning that they dont have a 747 simulator next so's to not train people on 747!

Give them a break PLEASE!

Harrier46
13th Jan 2005, 08:57
niceguy
Not backing either side in this argument but looking at the website it certainly looks like they are marketing this themselves and selling individual seats. Maybe in the background they are negotiating block allocations to tour operators. But surely most tour operators are at the bucket and spade end of the market.

ClickRich
13th Jan 2005, 09:25
But surely most tour operators are at the bucket and spade end of the market.

Maybe that's their point. They could be marketing blocks of seats to the high end tour operator brands- there's plenty of them who at the moment associate themselves with cruise ships, romantic train rides etc etc. Access to premium economy aircraft seats really opens their options.

jabird
13th Jan 2005, 11:17
Harrier,

Agreed - they are certainly trying to brand themselves and sell direct. Why else all the fuss about the little kid with the butterfly? A name like Flywho leaves them open to either ridicule or great riches. I'm trying to think of brands in the "quality" end of the market with "silly" names - any suggestions?

> there's plenty of them who at the moment associate themselves with cruise ships, romantic train rides etc etc

CR, just to be picky, but no romantic train rides in Florida, unless you count that ropey single track Amtrak crawler down to Miami.

Mike16
7th Feb 2005, 10:16
Hi

hope everyone is o.k, just wondering how the so-called interviews went ? did they happen ? anyone who has been care to answer .

Bye

Iconic
8th Feb 2005, 11:34
Well cant speak for anyone other my good self, but I was fairly impressed. They have some big plans afoot, watch this space!;)

330-Purser
15th Feb 2005, 19:32
I rang their reservations number the other day to be told their first flight will be St Pete's in March. I didn't realise they were now planning on being airborne that quickly?

Does anyone know if their licences and stuff are due soon? when I asked the girl on the phone about how my money would be protected, she hadn't got a clue. maybe this call was being handled by some other company but it did my confidence no good whatsoever to hear that.

I decided to call the CAA before the reservations girl took my money (as she was quite happy to) and check if they have any kind of licence or ATOL to protect my money in anyway. The CAA and CPG had no record of flywho, flyblu or blu arrow aviation (their ltd co name) having either licence or one due imminently. All rather worrying that they were prepared to take my money!

Anyone else had a similar experience? :rolleyes:

Cyrano
16th Feb 2005, 08:15
March is news to me! The website shows late June as the first bookable flight, so if they are really starting flights in March :confused: there may be some empty planes around.

I note the FAQ on their website says:
Is my booking protected with ABTA or something?
Airlines do not protect their customer with an ATOL bond or any similar arrangement as they are not required to do so by the CAA. However, anxious to extend extra comfort for anyone who intends to flywho, we have made arrangements for all tickets to be handled by ATOL bonded agents and tour operators. This will ensure that all passengers are able to book with absolute confidence that their money is secure.

I assume this means that flyblu don't have the ATOL, but the agent through which they accept your booking (whoever that is) does. As far as obtaining an AOC from the CAA goes, I don't know whether they are planning to run on their own AOC from the start or if they will initially be piggy-backing on someone else's. If the latter, then I'm not sure whether they need any licences at all (ATOL-protected ticket agent selling seats on the aircraft of a third-party carrier with its own AOC and Class A licence; flywho just acting as a promoter and marketer).

But that's just speculation on my side. I'm still perplexed about the alleged start in March (next month!) :ugh:

C.