PDA

View Full Version : ThomsonFly Sim Ride

fireflybob
17th Dec 2004, 10:46
Well I have got through the first stage selection for ThomsonFly and they rang me to tell me this about 3 weeks ago and could I make the Sim next Tuesday?!

Due to current work commitments I had to say no and they were very nice and said no problem we will contact you in December - not heard a word since - anyone out there had the sim ride or any info would help?

Thanks

wobblyprop
17th Dec 2004, 14:06
don't worry. I'm in the same boat. They are trying to organise sim slots for Jan

ukwannabe
20th Dec 2004, 13:04
Same situation too. Passed the first stage at the end of October, and was unable to make December's dates for the second stage. So am also waiting to hear about January for the second stage. Any news as to those who passed the second stage and been offered a position with respect to terms and conditions.

wobblyprop
20th Dec 2004, 13:12
ukwannabe,

Were you in for the Second Officer or First Officer?

ukwannabe
21st Dec 2004, 13:30
Wobblyprop I was in for the Captain position. Any news?

wobblyprop
21st Dec 2004, 13:37
No, :{ nothing yet.

I only ask because I suspect that anyone suitable for the 737 fleet would be called ahead of the likes of me, going for a second officer spot.

PPRuNeUser0215
21st Dec 2004, 22:53
Don't despair wobblyprop

The numbers for next year are high. 90 Pilots or so and since Direct entry Captains are far from being the majority, I would say you stand an even better chance than you might think.
As an SO you will be able to join on the 73 but also on the 75. As a a Captain, only on the 73.
And with Terms and Agreements now simliar or both fleet, more and more existing FOs will bid for command on the minnie.

In any case, it is all good stuff whether things happen now or a bit later.

Good luck

wobblyprop
23rd Dec 2004, 11:13
Hi Amex,

That does indeed make me feel better. I'd heard numbers mentioned, although i didn't think it was that many.