PDA

View Full Version : Repetitively asked questions.

Camp Freddie
17th Dec 2004, 08:00
hey peeps and Heliport.

as we know people keep asking the same things over and over for example about training and working in the UAE etc.

I looked for the merged FAQ's which have sometimes in the past been stickys so I could direct the new peeps without having to explain the question all over again , but couldnt find them.

is it possible to have 1 sticky which directs people to all these old threads, so everyone would be better informed and the same old chestnuts wouldnt keep needed to answered.

a sort of "master index" if you will

wotcha fink ?

regards

CF

Genghis the Engineer
17th Dec 2004, 08:21
Presumably you mean something like this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81428) .

Camp Freddie
17th Dec 2004, 09:04
hey Mr Genghis,

I mean exactly something like that , with all the big recent threads, the training one that was around a lot being a "must" as an inclusion.

plus there was a exhaustive discussion about Gulf Helicopters , Abu Dhabi aviation yada yada yada.

but without the aeroplane bits ;)

regards

CF

Genghis the Engineer
17th Dec 2004, 09:23
Not wishing to pre-empt the highly capable moderator of this particular forum - but I bet if you were to create that thread for him, along the lines I did in Flight test presumably you won't upset him by doing so. You never know, if you ask him nicely enough and impress him with what a thorough job you did, he might even make it a sticky.

Pprune is after-all, by it's members and for it's members, we all do this "for fun" surreally enough.

G

Camp Freddie
17th Dec 2004, 09:29
well I would if I could but thats the point I cant remember or cant find the threads I am looking for, But I know they are there (somewhere) I just dont have sufficient information to hand.

to be honest I would need help

bluestack
17th Dec 2004, 21:35
Hi Camp Freddie, is this one of the links you were after ?

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122944

I've bookmarked it, as I have been, and regularly go through it..

Cheers,
Bluestack.

ShyTorque
17th Dec 2004, 23:53
"Repetitively asked questions."

Oh no! Not this same old topic? :E

Heliport
18th Dec 2004, 09:47
Repetitively asked questions, particularly about employment prospects in particular countries and/or working for particular companies, don't always produce repetitive answers because things change over the years. (A recent question about Gulf Helicopters is a good example. )

Unless another member has already done so, I post a link to the relevant thread.

I regularly merge threads on the same topic but, particularly where questions are about job prospects/working conditions in specific countries or companies, I don't merge a new thread with the 'reference thread' until members have had an opportunity to bring us up to date with the current situation.

As bluestack has pointed out, we've had an index to Frequently Asked Questions [Training and Job Prospects] since March 2003.
The index is constantly updated, and contains links to threads containing information on job prospects and working conditions in many countries as well as purely training.
When someone asks a training question, I post a link to the index thread - unless another member has done so already.

Camp Freddie
The Search function usually works quite well. There's a choice of 'Search entire posts' or 'Search titles only'.
The default is 'entire posts', but I find it's better to start by searching for a keyword or key words in 'titles only' for the main threads, and then 'entire posts' for threads where the topic you want is mentioned as part of a wider discussion.

Heliport