PDA

View Full Version : Heli Down, QLD Aust

Nev Bartos
17th Dec 2004, 00:29
HELICOPTER DOWN PURGA AREA UNKNOWN INJURIES OR PT

Any one have further info.

Nev.

Update 1:

DPI FIRE ANT HELICOPTER HAS COME DOWN - NO FIRE & OCCUP NOT TRAPPED - CARRYING METHOPRENE RACE PROC -

Update 2:

Helicopter crash 1 patient in satisfactory condition being transported by Queensland Ambulance Service

John Eacott
17th Dec 2004, 04:45
Bell 47 at Ipswitch, ABC report (http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200412/s1267878.htm)

A helicopter pilot has walked away with just a few scratches after crash landing near Ipswich.

The pilot was forced to land the Bell-47 chopper, which was being used to drop baits to eradicate fire ants in thick bushland at Purga.

David Given from the Queensland Rescue Helicopter Service says the pilot made a miraculous escape.

"The aircraft was on its side," he said.

"It appears that the tail section was broken off and of course the blades were fairly badly damaged.

"Considering he was probably low level as we've seen the fire ant aircraft fly at, he's done a very, very good job to survive this."

justanothernumber
18th Dec 2004, 13:33
McDermott Aviation VH-ELY Bell 47, pilot was Don ......? It was a VERY hot day out there. Said he lost power and had to put it down through the trees.

Anyone else see the parade of helicopters heading south towards Archerfield near last light on that day? I counted at least five within 15 minutes pass over. I didn't catch any ID's on any of them.

oxi
19th Dec 2004, 04:45
Nev Bartos......I like it..... funny bloody flick.