PDA

View Full Version : Captain John Hardiman.

James T. Kirk
16th Dec 2004, 17:42
Captain John Hardiman.

With great sadness I have to report the sudden death of John Hardiman on 10th December 2004.

He spent 41 years actively involved with aviation starting with the Nottingham UAS in 1949 and later the RAF. He completed CFS and ETPS before leaving in 1966. He joined Boeing Vertol in 1966 as experimental test pilot on the Chinook and flew the first flight of the CH47C. John joined Dan Air Services on the 1-11 based at Luton in 1971 and moved to Newcastle and the left seat in 1975. He joined the CAA as flight ops inspector in 1980 and retired from there ten years later.

He bore 8 years of failing health with courage and patience and will be very sadly missed by all his family.

Lartington
16th Dec 2004, 18:15
Very sorry to hear on John's death. I flew as his F/o for two years
with Danair out of Newcastle on the 1-11. I always looked forward to being rostered with him. My condolences to his wife Moira. A good operator and gentleman.
RR

crewmeal
16th Dec 2004, 20:16
As a former employee of Birmingham Executive, Birmingham European, Brymon European, John was our Ops Inspector for many years. As part of the Cabin Crew Management at that time I can safely say he was a real gentleman to work with and never caused any fuss or bother and it was a pleasure to fly with him on his various inspections. We always looked forward to his visits.

He was instrumental in granting us our AOC for the 1-11 back in 1989 when BEA launched routes to Europe from BHX.

He always kept in touch with the team at the time and gave us us his worldly advice.

On behalf of my collegues I would like to pass on my condolances to his wife and family

James T. Kirk
19th Dec 2004, 01:41
Funeral 1100 22.12.04 East Hagbourne parish church, Oxfordshire.