PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet-BRS to LTN

WOWBOY
16th Dec 2004, 16:20
Easyjet will be starting Bristol-London Luton soon (so they have told me)!!!

airhumberside
16th Dec 2004, 16:33
Highly unlikely. If you want to go from Bristol to London it would be quicker by train city centre to city centre

MerchantVenturer
16th Dec 2004, 18:51
I agree with airhumberside.

Can't see even easyJet making that one work from BRS.

With trains running every half an hour from Bristol Temple Meads via Bath to Paddington, and almost as many on the separate route from the north of the city at Bristol Parkway via Badminton, plus numerous express coaches along the M4 linking the two ends of Brunel's original main line, I fail to see who would use the service.

I stand to be corrected but I don't think there has ever been a regular air service between Bristol and London*, not even in the days of Western Airways and Railway Air Services. Surface links have always been sufficient for a distance of not much above a hundred miles.

* Apart from the curious BRS-PLH-LGW afternoon out/early evening return that Brymon tried for two or three years. But that was not a serious attempt to link Bristol and London.

WOWBOY
16th Dec 2004, 19:33
They sent me this e-mail after i commented on future routes

'EasyJet has been responding to the emerging interest of our customers and we now fly to and from many European countries.

In the next five months we will expand our network and link the following airports: Luton - Bristol, Bristol - Geneva, New Castle - Geneva, London Stansted - Grenoble, London Gatwick - Cork, London Gatwick - Knock, London Gatwick - Shannon, London Gatwick - Almeira, London Gatwick - Valencia, Berlin Shoenefeld - Olbia, Berlin Shoenefeld - Pisa, London Luton - Cagliari and London Gatwick - Olbia. '

AND MOST OF THESE ROUTES HAVE BEEN ANOUNCED!

Buster the Bear
16th Dec 2004, 19:41
Sounds like a typo', probably BTS-LTN. Bratislava-Luton, launched last week?

http://whipsnade.co.uk/picturelibrary/jpeg150/br/brown_bear_120_wide.jpg

VIKING9
16th Dec 2004, 19:51
...but Bratislava is not spelt BRISTOL is it ?

Buster the Bear
16th Dec 2004, 20:26
BRS, BTS Typo'? R and T are adjacent on a QWERTY keyboard, quite simple really!

http://whipsnade.co.uk/picturelibrary/jpeg150/br/brown_bear_120_wide.jpg

Lite
16th Dec 2004, 20:54
If anything this route would surely be operated by an EasyBus not an Easy AirBus Jet?

DDF
16th Dec 2004, 21:08
"New Castle" Hmm next it will be "Man Chester"

monkey lover
16th Dec 2004, 21:50
I think we will wait till Feb for more info on that one

nickmanl
16th Dec 2004, 22:20
Could it be the route would be a positioning flight and U2 will sell tickets on it just to make some extra pocket money?

Powerjet1
17th Dec 2004, 05:55
Unless it was a positioning flight of some sort, I can't see it happening, EasyBus maybe. You can drive from Luton to Bristol in about an hour & three quarters anyway, sometimes less depending on the motorway traffic.

LTN-NCL would be much more appropriate. I know in the days of Debonair, this was a short-lived route but things have changed so much in the last two or three years that i'm sure it work now, if only to serve the rapidly expanding Milton Keynes catchment.

Nakata77
17th Dec 2004, 09:23
UNLESS ITS A POSITIONING FLIGHT REQUEST...

IF THEY COULDNT MAKE LTN-LPL WORK THEY AINT GONNA MAKE BRS-LTN WORK

Powerjet1
17th Dec 2004, 09:46
I think LTN-LPL was sucessful in terms of the number of pax carried, about 180,000 a year, but easy felt they could get a better yield on international routes. At the end of the day it all comes down to yield.

terrier21
17th Dec 2004, 22:20
Why would Brs shoot themselves in the foot flying pax at a cheap cost to lon when they are trying to expand their own routes. If any one was going to fly a BRS-LON service it would probably be more the likes of wow through NQY or PLH

T21