PDA

View Full Version : personal or sport heli magazine?

slowrotor
16th Dec 2004, 04:54
Wondering if anyone could recommend a publication of interest to someone that experiments with light sport helicopter design.
I suspect there is none for light sport, in that case, what is a good helicopter magazine for larger craft?
I got ROTOR & WING for many years, but that was of little use to me (mostly military).
Thanks
slowrotor

paco
16th Dec 2004, 06:35
Vertical magazine is probably the best around (www.verticalmag.com), as engineers write for it too

Try also heli-ops

Rotor & Wing lost its way years ago

Phil

Dave_Jackson
16th Dec 2004, 06:49
slowrotor,

There is the new bimonthly 'Helo Experimental Magazine'. The first issue was November 2004.

Stu Fields, said that his magazine is directed at the kit helicopter market but he could probably be talked into including articles on design concepts and experimental projects,

Dave J.

purple chopper
16th Dec 2004, 07:27
Helicopter International - www.aviapress.freeserve.co.uk/

Helicopter Life – www.helicopterlife.com

Have a look here also a good source of helicopter related links - www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk/links.htm

HeloTeacher
16th Dec 2004, 11:02
Popular Rotorcraft Association (http://www.pra.org/)

B Sousa
16th Dec 2004, 11:45
When it comes to reading, I hate big words and technical stuff as my IQ is not much below my Bank Acount balance. So I choose the one that seem to garner all the wrath on this website because it has some great Photo work.......

www.heliopsmag.com

See if this post remains.......ha ha

slowrotor
16th Dec 2004, 16:41
Thanks for the links.

Dave Jackson,
Your tip about Experimental Helo Magazine is interesting, I found the website (www.experimentalhelo.com).
I suspect it will be mostly a rotorway publication but I will give them a chance.
This forum is probably the best place to give or receive technical ideas because of the limited interest in experimental helo developement.
slowrotor