PDA

View Full Version : Ctc £60.000 Bond

VECTOR THRUST
15th Dec 2004, 16:28
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME EXACTLY HOW THE BOND WORKS FOR PEOPLE ON THE WINGS PROGRAM( not pre-selected)

WHEN AND IF YOU GET THAT FIRST AIRLINE JOB, HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IS GOING TO BE RIPPED AWAY FROM YOU EACH MONTH.COULD YOU BE WORKING NEXT TO NIL AND FOR HOW LONG.

I HAVE JUST HAD MY APPLICATION CONFIRMED FOR THE NEXT STAGE BUT I KNOW THIS IS PROBABLY JUST AN AUTOMATED ANSWER.

ANY CLUES GUYS AND GIRLS:confused:

mattd2k
15th Dec 2004, 16:46
I can't tell you anything about the CTC wings scheme but I can tell you how to post without using all uppercase.

Try the Caps Lock key !! :ok:

johnwalton
15th Dec 2004, 20:53
Not sure if this is useful, but this is from some Thomas Cook literature I got early in the year:

As a Cadet Entry Pilot you will enter the airline as a Cadet Entry First Officer (CEFO). Promotion to Cadet Entry Senior First Officer (CESFO) occurs after three years employed service or achieving 1500 hours TT. In practice, therefore, it normally occurs before those 3 years are completed.

In addition to salary, the Cadet Entry Pilot’s bond will be repaid at the rate of £12,000 per year for 7 years. At the end of the bond period, the Cadet Entry Pilot will transfer to the Direct Entry terms and conditions. Depending on how quickly you are promoted from CEFO to CESFO this will make your year 8 basic pay £41,362 to £43,033 or, if you have achieved a command by then, the appropriate Direct Entry Pilot captain’s salary.
Where the relevant year-on-year salaries for cadets (after deduction of the bond payment) are

Cadet Entry First Officer (CEFO)
Year 1 £17,434
Year 2 £19,494
Year 3 £23,273

Cadet Entry Senior First Officer (CESFO)
Year 1 £26,976
Year 2 £26,976
Year 3 £27,755
Year 4 £28,550
Year 5 £29,362
Year 6 £30,189

I believe Easyjet publish their wage-projections on their website. Not sure about the other airlines involved.

busz
15th Dec 2004, 23:20
The way the Wings scheme works is that if you are not pre-selected, like myself, you will most likely go into one of the partner airlines on dirct entry terms (and salary). Now, as flybe is one of the partner airlines and there starting salary is around 19k, it would be virtually impossible to survive paying the bond back at a rate of 1k per calendar month. So peeps like me get to refuse two airlines before they have to accept the third. Therefore i would decline flybe politely, and accept one of the other airlines. The bond comes out of taxed salary, and if my calculations are correct, if i join monarch for example on a starting salary of around 40k, i would end up with 17-20k after tax and bond deductions. Not too bad for a 21 yr old!

Hope this helps!!

Reagrds

Alex

scientifics
16th Dec 2004, 07:19
I thought flybe did there own sponsorship with CABAIR.

schooner
16th Dec 2004, 09:07
Hmmm, how dare they "rip away" your hard earned cash after they paid for your training. Hell, its a jet job straight from training without you having to find a wedge of cash upfront to pay for your training. Perhaps its just the way you worded it:) !

Cheers.

busz
18th Dec 2004, 18:18
Anticlockwise-

Please re-read schooner's message and the original post by Vector Thrust, im not sure that the 'rip away' comment was targeted at me.

Regards

Alex:ok:

schooner
18th Dec 2004, 20:07
Correct mate! At least I get to see the money in my pay slip before I hand it over to the bank:ugh: .

Cheers.