PDA

View Full Version : medical supsended and OPC

loz
15th Dec 2004, 09:55
Hey ,

I would like to know if somebody could give some advise on that one:
got my nose broken last week, should be fixed around 20th of dec , got my medical suspended till the 23rd(date of CAA med examination).
I ask the doctor if I could anyway take my sim (opc) next week , she answered me that it was ok as long as the sim was not pressurised , wich is the case,
does anybody knows if it is ok to take an opc check with medical suspended ???it looks weird to me
thx
loz

Captain Airclues
15th Dec 2004, 11:20
loz

It's OK to do your OPC with a suspended medical so long as you don't excercise the priviledges of your licence until you have a valid medical certificate.

Airclues

763 jock
15th Dec 2004, 11:35
From JAR FCL.

"In order to apply for or to exercise the priveleges of a licence, the applicant or holder shall hold a medical certificate issued in accordance with the provisions of JAR FCL 3 (Medical) and appropriate to the priveleges of the licenece."

Not sure if that is meant to apply to the OPC as well as the LPC, but it protects the examiner in the event of a failure of the check. Very easy for the candidate to say that his/her medical condition was affecting his/her performance.

I reckon you need a valid medical/licence to undergo a check, otherwise the examiner is signing a licence that is not "valid" however, check with your CAA to make sure.

Was that broken nose down to the other guys bad CRM?:{ :{

loz
16th Dec 2004, 09:35
thx a lot guys for the quick answer,

apperently my training dpt approved it , we ll see
have a good one
loz