PDA

View Full Version : Any Ramp Tramp Jobs about?

ScootCargoOps
15th Dec 2004, 09:22
Does anyone know of any ramp tramp positions available abroad, any location considered.

I have experience in MD11F and 747F aircraft loading with major far east airlines based in the UK. I started on the ramp at the age of 17 and now only 22 years old.

Keen learner and willing to accept any position the will further my knowledge and experience.

Thanks for your help anyone.

Flip Flop Flyer
15th Dec 2004, 14:10
Presumeable you were not wearing your glasses, since just a few lines further down this page there is a thread aptly named "Rampies Wanted".

Either that or you're not too hot on Iraq ;)

ScootCargoOps
15th Dec 2004, 14:53
Glasses were on thanks, but thats an old post (20th November), plus no one has received a reply.

Flip Flop Flyer
15th Dec 2004, 15:16
I know of people who's gotten a reply from DPWN. I even got the details myself, but am personally not overtly keen on observing the forthcoming elections from Fallujah.

ScootCargoOps
15th Dec 2004, 16:33
Must agree with you there, but what airports would people be positioned in, in Iraq? Military?

Flip Flop Flyer
16th Dec 2004, 08:15
May I suggest you PM DPWN directly? He'll be able to tell you all about it. But it's a mix of military and civilian airports, albeit all airports are obviously run by the military at the moment. I've done my 2 hours in Saddam Intl. and that was enough for me :ouch:

antonovman
21st Dec 2004, 06:47
i just did 3 flights in to SDA last week including 1 where we missed the curfew and had to overnight on the a/c
did nt see or hear anything
i applied for this job but like the other DHL one in BAH have not heard a thing from them

justforfun
21st Dec 2004, 08:49
DPWN was still looking for people around 14 days ago...

Be patient, communications in Iraq are NOT good, and they have been relocating the offices recently so no Internet access available.

We do around 18-20 flights a day... SDA fairly quiet now as antonovman mentioned, but the place is still no holiday camp!

I will be looking for 2 Loadmasters around February / March, so PM me for details where a FULL CV should be sent....

Flip Flop Flyer, see you in a couple of weeks, and for gods sake bring a CD with version 2.2.5 on it that works!!!!

The "other" DHL one in BAH? - all filled - sorry about that, huge response, and DHL people from Europe responded also. Speculative CV's are welcome for any future Loadmaster / Ramp positions - PM me for contact details if interested.

Cheers,
JFF

Flip Flop Flyer
21st Dec 2004, 10:08
Mate, by the time I land in BAH we're scheduled to be on 2.3.0 :uhoh:

Anything else I should bring you, barring cupious amounts of alcohol that is? :ok:

justforfun
21st Dec 2004, 18:50
Flip Flop Flyer

I'll give you a call before you head down....

Cheers,

JFF :cool: