PDA

View Full Version : Air Taxi Service

Prophead
14th Dec 2004, 17:13
Im not sure if this is the right place to post this but..

A client of mine has asked me whether i know of any Air taxi services that would be able to fly someone over from northern France to Leeds, and also about 6 people from Leeds to Inverness (not just once but im not sure how often). I have the name of a couple of executive charter companies but he is not after anything flash (especially not a BBJ), just a basic flight that wont cost the earth.

Does anyone know of any Air taxi services that would be suitable and a rough guide price that i can give him.

Prophead

Hufty
14th Dec 2004, 17:39
How about Air Charter Scotland - 0131 339 8008?

I think Multflight at Leeds have a charter company too??

GARDENER
14th Dec 2004, 18:23
There was/is a company at Leeds Air Montgomery...I expect Mulitiflight will have the details if not try the friendly chaps at Leeds Flying School!

benhurr
14th Dec 2004, 19:07
Air Montgomery no longer operate from Leeds. They are no longer an AOC operation.

MJR
15th Dec 2004, 10:52
Try Aeros, 01452 857419 or www.aeros.co.uk

Luke SkyToddler
15th Dec 2004, 11:29
Highland Airways are the boys ... and we have aircraft based in LBA and INV :)

Call the ops dept on 01667 461044 for a quote, and say that I sent you :ok:

leonbrumsack
15th Dec 2004, 12:03
You could also try Air Med, Oxford based company, who operate Piper Senecas and Navajos - Air Med website (http://www.airmed.co.uk).

Phil Brockwell
15th Dec 2004, 14:04
IMHO you should certainly try Centreline Air Charter.....ahem, the largest light twin AOC operator in the UK....ahem. Call 01275 474357 there is a thoutooughly nice chap there, can't remember his name....Phil something....ahem.

Phil

did I mention you can get a quotation from their online quote system at www.centrelineair.co.uk at all

OK, shameless marketing over

Phil

haughtney1
15th Dec 2004, 15:16
Who says surfing websites is unproductive time.....eh phil????

:p

smith
15th Dec 2004, 16:24
Thought moderators would be jumpin down everyone's necks for advestisin. A poor lad got a bollockin for tryin to sell his crp-5 last week for 30 quid!!!!

Prophead
15th Dec 2004, 19:34
Thanks for the replies, I have passed on the details.

Cant believe i missed the CRP 5 for sale though, ive been looking for one of those on ebay.

Prophead

Phil Brockwell
16th Dec 2004, 08:13
Did anyone have a look at the website, any feedback would be appreciated

Phil

Mark Walters
16th Dec 2004, 12:34
www.airtaxis.co.uk

Phil Brockwell
16th Dec 2004, 12:43
Mark

Hardly a comparison to the centreline one I hope.

Phil

haughtney1
16th Dec 2004, 15:15
Centreline..very nice..if somewhat conservative...just my humble opinion..(not like im an expert)

Airtaxi......yikes its scary....the lady in red on one of the threads on the site:eek: ..she looks like shes getting ready stab you!:p
anyway enough frovilty!

the goon
16th Dec 2004, 16:38
I`d stay away from Air Charter Scotland..............

Homer_J
16th Dec 2004, 17:07
Whats wrong with air charter scotland?

There just another ravenair arn't they?

Goldfinger
16th Dec 2004, 18:05
I know of a chap who has some spare capacity up until the 24th December.

A nice 6 seater, polished wooden interior, deluxe velvet heated seats. Only trouble is he has to feed the turbo-charged flying reindeer every 2 hours.

Oh and did I mention he does quite like to drink and fly !!!!

PM if you need his number, but usually if you write your details to Mr S Claus, the post man delivers.

Regards

Goldfinger:D :D :D

ps- Freight is no problem at all.

the goon
21st Dec 2004, 11:44
Homer].

I chartered one of their C310s a couple of months ago. Not the most pleasant experiance I`ve had.

Deeko01
22nd Dec 2004, 19:08
The Goon,

Sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience, not heard anything about this, feel free to give me a call on 01292 473704 and we can discuss what the problem was, all constructive criticism very welcome.

Regards
Deeko
Ops Manager
Air Charter Scotland

haughtney1
22nd Dec 2004, 19:25
You now realise deeko you are probably going to be bombarded with plenty of wannabes after that elusive first job?:p

Let me be the first to apply...plenty of twin/turbine time...currently flying turbine..charter exp...:ok:

if your interested pm me

:E

Deeko01
22nd Dec 2004, 20:10
haughtney1

So long as they have 700 hrs ATPL or CPL/IR then send a CV am afraid l dont make the decisions on the recruiting, l just pick up the applications on emails and letters n pass em on to el cheifo.

Del :)

art deco
22nd Dec 2004, 22:43
Air Charter Scotland? Isn't the chief pilot an ex hairdresser?:suspect:

Didnt they use to be Edinburgh Air Charter?:oh:

Phil Brockwell
23rd Dec 2004, 12:52
As a ex-hairdresser I find it a bit worrying there is another one running an air taxi operation. Maybe I should be recruiting from Toni and Guy

Phil

haughtney1
23rd Dec 2004, 15:30
I find it damn near impossible to get a good haircut at a reasonable price...........(probably got more to do with my unruley mop than anything else)..ooooppps thread creep:p

gennnk
31st Dec 2004, 20:51
Is air charter scotland the company that does the traffic report on clyde one or whatever its called nowadays?

Caledonian
1st Jan 2005, 11:09
yes they are using a cessna 310 based in glasgow

gennnk
3rd Jan 2005, 15:05
I agree with the goon re air charter scotland. Stay well away

Deeko01
4th Jan 2005, 18:50
got to say its really unfair of some people saying things like that in an annoymous forum, if you have something to say back it up with some evidence and l will reiterate always happy to accept constructive criticism at the number listed in the previous post.

Mark Walters
4th Jan 2005, 20:08
Sorry about website , Just bought the company at the end of last year, big plans, hope all goes well.

But can still do a PA 34 From Dublin to Birmingham return for £300.00 less then your lowest quote. this is according to your online quote page.

Will be improving site in the near future The Lady in Red I'm told is better in Real Life. I've never met her.

Hey Phil, Like your web site, if you ever stuck give us a shout. Might do the same for you. Have a/c in Cov now also and one in Dublin shortly.

Want to sell a PA31 ?

Mark.:ok:

Sorry i missed a page and my last reply was to haughtney1 & Phil from a post on page 1.

Mark

haughtney1
5th Jan 2005, 11:10
Im sure she is better in real life....:ok: (no pun intended)

We all need a lady in "red" now and then :E.. best of luck with your new venture

Cheers

H

Phil Brockwell
6th Jan 2005, 07:55
Mark,

I would expect you to be cheaper flying to your base. Don't forget that those prices include 7.5% for resellers. Based on that recalc for DUB-SEN or DUB-BRS, or to give a really accurate comparison DUB-CVT seeing as we both have an aircraft there. The PA31 fleet is being phased out, so the one we have left is up for sale, 2 already sold, being replaced with Turboprop and jet fleet.

Phil

Mark Walters
6th Jan 2005, 15:37
Hi Phil

Sorry, I thought you had an A/C in Dublin, my mistake.

It was just friendly banter. Love your Web Site

Have you Jet a/c now?

I agree with the phasing out of PA 34, not much of a work horse/ Very Limited. But nice to fly from a plot prospective.

Give us a call if you need a king air C90 (8pax) are Pa 34 from Weston in Dublin.

Hope to talk to to you soon.

Mark

Phil Brockwell
6th Jan 2005, 15:41
Aircraft In DUB is out on contract, phasing out 31's keeping the 34's we have 9 averaging over 1000 hrs each airframe between flight training and charter. Jet coming very shortly from the US

Will certainly call if we need anythng out of Dublin area. s the 90 out there too?

Phil

Mark Walters
6th Jan 2005, 16:20
C90 based in Weston Dublin.