PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand helicopter charter

misterbonkers
14th Dec 2004, 13:29
I need the following air charter in New Zealand. Can anybody direct me to an appropriate company so I can get a quote;

4 Passengers

Friday 11th February 2005

From a private site on an estate near Featherstone (North Island) to a private site near Queens Town (South Island).

I'm guessing the rules say either a twin or a single with floats for the water crossing?

Cheers,

James

kwikenz
14th Dec 2004, 17:09
Heli-Fight NZ Ltd will be able to help. Check them out on www.heliflight.co.nz

I dont think youll need floats or two engines. Heli-Flight has bases around the North Island and can arrange transport South.

You can choose from anything from a MD500, Float equipped Long Ranger, EC120 and Squirrels.

PM me if you'd like their contact details.

Have a good trip :ok:

Phoenix Rising
14th Dec 2004, 18:26
James,

Have to agree that Heliflight is the way to go. They have an EC120 and AS350 based down at Masterton near Wellington so pickup wouldnt be a problem and then the trip south would be a spectacular one.

They are a good company, good pilots and provide a great service. If you wanted the 206L I am pretty sure they would make that available as well. Its a nice machine and just had a major refurb.

:E

Phoenix Rising
15th Dec 2004, 05:56
Misterbonkers - Stick with the Heliflight machines. Nice new helos, and they fly well. The Helilink machines are old jap imports with a coat of paint.

:E

kwikenz
15th Dec 2004, 06:29
Heli-Flight will no doubt do you a better deal and they are located much closer to your pickup point. Link are a good operation but the above post is somewhat true.

Have a look at both websites... youll see youll get a little more for your money in machinery and effort from Heli-Flight.

misterbonkers
15th Dec 2004, 14:19
Cheers guys,

I will look at all the Operator's mentioned.

James

Kota
16th Dec 2004, 02:47
There is a Professional helicopter company close by in Wellington that specialize in this type of work.They have a range of machinery to choose from such as the Bell 206,AS 350 or if you want twin,the AS355.Try Helipro.
As for floats,legally you don't need them ,as you are not travelling over a large stretch of water.Crazy as that may sound ,that is fact downunder.