PDA

View Full Version : Challenge PPRuNers

BRL
14th Dec 2004, 13:06
Hi all. I need a favour. I have looked everywhere to find a ringtone for the tv show 'Futurama'.

I have done all I can to find one, now I challenge you guys, can you find it for me.....? :)

gas path
14th Dec 2004, 13:12
Sad or what? (http://www.mob453.com/search/polyphonic_ringtone/Futurama.php):p :p :p

topcat450
14th Dec 2004, 13:17
Darn... pprune can be used for good and to save me time too eh?

Can you also find the ring-tune for the muezzin call to prayer that they blast out from Mosques in the middle east? That'd be kitsch.

Mr Chips
14th Dec 2004, 13:25
Now that would make a good ringtone! had an alarm clock in the office that played that.. strangely melodic......

airship
14th Dec 2004, 13:28
tc, what if you got more than 5 calls a day...?! ;)

topcat450
14th Dec 2004, 13:36
If only Airship! I can only dream of being that popular! :sad:

Biggles Flies Undone
14th Dec 2004, 13:36
OK here's a challenge - I want a normal ringtone - just a tone like mobiles used to have. I hate silly ringtones but my new mobile (Sony Ericson K700i) doesn't give me the option - the closest I can get is a polyphonic alarm clock which I find highly embarassing.

airship
14th Dec 2004, 13:45
BFU, I only have a Sony Ericsson 600 but it does have a ringtone like you had with the rotary dial telephones of yesteryear. Wanna swap...?! ;)

TC, inshAllah... :)

BRL
14th Dec 2004, 14:18
Cheers Gas Path, you win the prize; two cans of Carlsberg and ten B&H :D :ok:

UniFoxOs
14th Dec 2004, 14:22
While we are on the subject, does anyone remember the ringtone of the SAC phone in Dr. Strangelove? I would really love that on my mobile but can'yt find it anywhere.

airship
14th Dec 2004, 14:41
Don't expect any help from me. I don't want any part in some fiendish plot to detonate a nuclear weapon. Anyone, if you hear that tune...RUN LIKE CRAZY!!! :(

Capn Notarious
14th Dec 2004, 15:10
A ring tone that sounded like a Rolls Royce Merlin Engine.

airship
14th Dec 2004, 15:37
The Merlin ringtone wouldn't need to be a very big file...one could recreate the doppler effect manually, hehe! :O

nwaflygirl
15th Dec 2004, 01:25
monophobic futurama ringtone

www.ringtonesgalore.co.uk/tones/tv-themes/futurama/futurama

SkySista
15th Dec 2004, 08:37
Sad i know but I would really like the JAG theme for my phone... different to the usual crap you hear on the train. Failing that, "Magnificent Men..." would be good too.

Unfortunately my phone isn't the kind you can program like Nokia, it has a different composer system...Samsung R220.....

anyone help????

PaperTiger
15th Dec 2004, 22:12
My newmail wav is the the Big Red Phone ring from 'Our Man Flint'.
http://www.wavsource.com/snds_2004-12-15_825285438119556/movies/misc/our_man_flint_phone_x.wav

Now that's a ring tone :ok:

chuks
16th Dec 2004, 06:03
I am from a previous generation (age 57 and counting...) that learned to live without all these gadgets. I can even calculate without a calculator, which really hacks off some of the right-seaters when I outrun their screen-stroking of state-of-the-art PDAs in search of a quick solution for fuel uplift.

I must take a little Nokia telephone along when I go flying so that I can be reached with running changes, etcetera. This does not thrill me, actually.

I was sat in a crew room gassing with some of the helicopter brethren last week when this stupid tune started playing on someone's radio. We were all looking around to see who the offender was. Turns out the latest Nokia plays music instead of just ringing like a telephone, so that it was me, getting a call. This is necessary?