PDA

View Full Version : Spooks

cortilla
13th Dec 2004, 21:04
Has to be one of the greatest tv programmes that has ever been produced. Beats 24 hands down. Yet they've gotten rid of all of the original cast members apart from harry. shame shame shame. Looking forward to the new series tho.

timmcat
13th Dec 2004, 21:24
Anyone else have a go at the interactive quiz at the end?

We blew it at the last question.

BahrainLad
13th Dec 2004, 22:17
Thought tonight's episode was class as well; a great way to end the series.

Maybe Father Christmas will bring me a Spooks-related silver disc.........

rotorcraig
13th Dec 2004, 23:11
... and some cool flying from G-BYPA in more than one espisode!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/spooks/images/header_photos/series3_ep2.jpg

http://helimage.foxalpha.com/moyenformat/0303/000277.jpg

RC

cortilla
14th Dec 2004, 01:45
Personally felt it went downhill after tom Left, though adam is a fairly good substitute. Will always watch it though. Whoever said the beeb did poor programming. Top gear on Sunday, spooks on Monday, and Little britain on Friday. Life is good. But Like i said before, i find it a really big shame that the initial characters are all being dropped (or they quit). Just found it a bit weird that they all got axed during the one series. Tom, zoe and danny all gone in 10 episodes.

Paracab
14th Dec 2004, 01:49
Watched spooks last night for the first time ever and I thoroughly enjoyed it, however, did anyone else think the whole Iraq/Hostage story line was a little bit too 'topical' as it were ?

jabberwok
14th Dec 2004, 01:55
That has been one of the good points of the series - quite a few episodes have been bang up to date on current topics. Sometimes eerily so..

jb

A10 Thundybox
14th Dec 2004, 03:46
Indeed, so bang up to date one wonders if they aren't spilling real secrets, I have watched a few and sometimes think "They can't say that!"

People aren't supposed to know about echelon.

Bu99er, now i've done it.:}

Shhhhhhh

lasernigel
14th Dec 2004, 07:30
Brilliant series,will miss Zoe and Danny.Like the way the subtle hints about how the spin of the government is coming first ahead of fact.Kind of rings true with His Tonyness et al.

eal401
14th Dec 2004, 08:00
Have been a big fan of this series since the start. I think it is superb with great storylines and characters. I was sad when Tom and Zoe's characters departed but Danny's death was the worst, though good on him for his last words! Adam's character was at his best last night and finally sealed himself as a Tom replacement in my view. I just hope Harry stays put now, if he left it could be tricky.

jimgriff
14th Dec 2004, 10:49
There was a really good prog on BBC3 after last episode where they talked about the whole series and stories.

Quite good !!

SpinSpinSugar
14th Dec 2004, 13:15
Agree with one of the posters above, Spooks and Top Gear are about the only things I watch on the BBC now, Channel 4 now meeting most of my news / science / comedy / drama needs these days. And ITV / C5 never watched, at all, ever.

Spooks, very good series, I think the topical scripts help greatly. Yes, a shame about the departures (Tom and Zoe having hooked up in real life and her being preggers brought that one on, I think) but it has been handled very smoothly. Looks like another new character - Zaph? - introduced as a Danny replacement in that last one.

Cheers, SSS

eal401
14th Dec 2004, 13:17
Looks like another new character - Zaph? - introduced as a Danny replacement in that last one.
I reckon so. What has he been in before?

lasernigel
14th Dec 2004, 13:32
Zafar played by Raza Jaffrey 28yrs old.
Bollywood star and has played in the stageplay Bombay dreams in London.Sings as well.NO relation to Madhur Jaffrey.
New Spooks scheduled LATE 2005:{ :{ :{ :{

Evanelpus
14th Dec 2004, 15:20
That's quite some blood letting though isn't it?

Three of the major characters at the end of the last series written out by the end of this one.

Have to agree with previous posters, Spooks is a class act, as is Top Gear.

BahrainLad
14th Dec 2004, 15:32
The Beeb is much maligned but they do come up with some terrific stuff........State of Play being a case in point.

Also, did anyone watch The Man who Broke Britain last week....the adverts looked good.

VFE
14th Dec 2004, 16:11
It has been good to see something worth watching on TV with Spooks. Great storylines and compelling acting, if a little corny at times with this series. The "us poor lonely spooks" tack is wearing a little thin but that's only a minor criticism.

Only show worth watching before the end of the year now is a Motorhead documentary, BBC2 on 29th December, and that's my xmas viewing done this year. :(

VFE.