PDA

View Full Version : landing fees

terrywilcox
12th Dec 2004, 18:26
Can anyone tell me how to find landing fees at uk aiports. I am particularly interested in northern airports e.g. Finningley,Humberside etc.

Evil J
12th Dec 2004, 18:36
Depends on your aircraft size/weight obviously but Humberside is a about £18 for a light single, Finningley I don't think have published yet (but if its similar to Liverpool (same company) about £15), East Mids is about £25 plus handling, Sheffield is a very nice little GA airport and I think its about £8-10 there (but A/G only and no published instrument let-down.

terrywilcox
12th Dec 2004, 19:11
Thanx Evil J, I am only a lay person,and I am assuming these rates are for the very smallest planes. Is this rate for the whole plane,or is there any addition for the number of pax. Is the rate pro rata for the larger planes?

phil_2405
12th Dec 2004, 19:39
I believe most airports charge landing fee's based on the tonnage of an aircraft e.g. £10 per tonne. Therefore the bigger the aircraft, the higher the charge. The landing fee can/normally includes a set period of free parking as well. After that parking charges are applicable.

Airports also put various charges on the airlines for passengers. Normally a set charge per passenger, with a lower charge for domestic pax.

I believe the min charge for NEMA is £30 + VAT.

vintage ATCO
12th Dec 2004, 21:57
It use to be the case that there were national scales; for instance, the Airport Operators Association use to have a scale. These days most airports seem to do their own thing so the only way to get a definitive answer is ring each and ask. Mostly it is done on weight per metric tonne rounded up to the next whole tonne but Luton, for instance, changed to a system, for commercial flights, of basing it on seating capacity (not no. of pax.) I don't know if this is still the case.

And let's call them aeroplanes or aircraft shall we? :D

TwinAisle
12th Dec 2004, 22:27
Airlines get hit in a number of ways:

1. Costs for landing and take off - based (usually) on weight
2. Costs for parking - usually based on weight, but other factors may come in (wingspan etc)
3. Pax handling - imposed by the airport - sometimes on landed pax, sometimes on boarded pax - seriously Nazi airports impose both
4. APD - £5 to £40, on departing pax, based on class and destination
5. Security and anything else they can get away with.

Items 1-5 except 4 are at the discretion of the airport!

TA

terrywilcox
13th Dec 2004, 12:53
vintage,Sorry about my terminology,but I am a lay person,and frequently do not understand the aviation terminology used on this site. There are very many abbreviations,eg."pax",which I do understand. I simply used,what you might call a common name for aircraft or aeroplane,in the interests of brevity,and "plain" language.

Thanks for your information.