PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone Trick.............

BRL
12th Dec 2004, 14:43
Hi all. Bloke in the pub last night on our works do', held his phone up in the air and then the phone came up with the artist and the track being played. Freaked me out that did and he wouldn't tell me how it was done, so, over to you, how did he do that?

Grainger
12th Dec 2004, 14:50
His mate was on the other end and texted him back the answer . . . ?

. . . or . . .

He keyed in "Agadoo" onto the screen beforehand and waited until you played it on the jukebox . . . :p

Captain Scarlet
12th Dec 2004, 14:53
try this.......

http://www.t-zones.co.uk/en/t_music/shazam.html

:ok:

MadsDad
12th Dec 2004, 15:28
Been tempted to use that during the music round of our local pub quiz. Problems are:-

1. Cost
2. It would be to win a bottle of wine even I won't drink

It would only be for the kudos. And anyway the clips aren't normally 15 seconds long

BahrainLad
12th Dec 2004, 17:33
Indeed, it's called Shazam, dial 2580 on any UK mobile and the server at the other end will pick up the phone, 'listen' for about 30 seconds, compare the audio waveform with its vast database and text you the name/artist of the track.

It's absolutely fantastic when going out clubbing....picks up even the most obscure tunes.

BRL
12th Dec 2004, 20:44
Thanks for the replies all. It is pretty amazing isn't it..!!

BahrainLad
12th Dec 2004, 21:06
...and, if you register on the www.shazam.com website before you start using it, it records every shazam notification you've ever received.

Paracab
13th Dec 2004, 00:34
Shazam is something else, my mate told me about it and I didn't believe him....... Until I did it myself !

Its about 60p a go but worth every penny, 'point your mobile at the music !'

Buster Hyman
13th Dec 2004, 11:52
The only trick my mobile phone does is to suck my bank account dry....:{