PDA

View Full Version : Forced landing in SA?

Sunfish
11th Dec 2004, 19:06
Can anyone shed any light on the apparent forced landing yesterday of a Cherokee on a trip between Mintabie and Parafield?

Desert Flower
11th Dec 2004, 21:26
I started a thread on this subject last night in D & G Aircrew Notices. All I know is what I saw on last night's news, & that was where a Cherokee had crashed (their words, not mine) at Parafield after suffering engine problems. Happened about 18:10 local time apparently. They showed the aircraft, mainly white with (I think) a red & blue stripe. Couldn't see the complete rego, just the VH bit. Four POB (think they said husband, wife & 2 children) were treated for minor injuries. A good ending I suppose, but what caused it in the first place? So far no-one has shed any light on whose aircraft it was either.

DF.

PILOTGAL
13th Dec 2004, 01:25
I read on the other forum that it was VH CDK. Download the aircraft register from CASA and you can easily determine the owner. It's not classified information:ok:

Desert Flower
13th Dec 2004, 01:47
Download the aircraft register from CASA and you can easily determine the owner.

Been there, done that. As I said in the other thread, I believe that was the rego. I did not wish to reveal any more information as to owner etc. in case I was wrong.

DF.

Desert Flower
13th Dec 2004, 09:06
Further to this, today's Adelaide Advertiser had a story on page 25 saying that the aircraft is believed to have run out of fuel.

DF.