PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee crash at Parafield tonight

Desert Flower
11th Dec 2004, 11:58
Heard on tonight's news that a Cherokee had crashed at Parafield after suffering engine problems. Four people on board received minor injuries. Couldn't see full rego, just the VH bit. Mainly white with (I think) red & blue lines on it. Anyone in the know on whose it was?

DF.

Capt L
11th Dec 2004, 13:45
Everyone's okay then?

Good news!!!!!!!

Islander Jock
11th Dec 2004, 14:43
Capt L.
Check your PMs.

IJ

Capt L
12th Dec 2004, 02:58
Small world!!!!

Jungmeister
12th Dec 2004, 08:51
The Adelaide "Sunday Mail' carried a report including a photo. The damage is substantial to say the least! Obviously the mainspar is broken. The wing is bent in several places and the prop looks most peculiar.

I'm only guessing, but it looks like a heavy landing followed by a go around and another even worse landing. The pilot and passengers were lucky to get out alive, methinks.

Desert Flower
12th Dec 2004, 22:52
I'm only guessing, but it looks like a heavy landing followed by a go around and another even worse landing.

Don't think so, wasn't on the runway from what I saw on the telly. He had engine problems, whether it was fuel related or not I don't know & I will wait for the ATSB report before commenting any further. I believe the rego was CDK.

DF.

beer bong
14th Dec 2004, 04:26
I thought he would of learned that the old six wont run too well on vapour after his previous attempt at parking short of the runway about a year ago.

Charlie Foxtrot India
16th Dec 2004, 12:31
Aww, poor ol' CeDricK, that was a lovely plane once.