PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Wings

Nani
10th Dec 2004, 17:34
How sad is this? As of January '05 Discovery Wings will become Discovery Military.:ugh:
I have nothing against the Military and will enjoy watching yet I wish it wasn't at the expense of the Wings.:{ :{ :{

Doesn't the Discovery channels have plenty of utterly useless shows? Why this particular channel instead of "idiots guide to how to rake your yard" or "nip/tuck/suck" shows?

If you feel as strongly as I do,please go to Discovery site and click on "contact us" and spam their sites with mail filled with BMG.

Maple 01
10th Dec 2004, 19:00
In the UK Discovery Wings is on the air for about 9 hours a day, of that there are only three hours of programming played 3 times. Further, more much of the programming consists of very poor documentaries - I mean a channel full of DD Aviation style vids would be great - but Seawings and a selection of Gung Ho stuff? Having said that the Classic British Aircraft series has been good.

Hope they don’t follow the US lead and go Military, I suppose there will be no more civil aviation stuff then, and just how much ‘we’re great’ PR does the Army need?
:yuk: :yuk:

Is it me, or is Brendon O’Brian a cross between Biggles and Lord Flashart?: :ok:

AeroSpark
10th Dec 2004, 21:25
I like Wings, especially the Flight Deck series, but the repeats are a bit hard to take. I mean by now I am quite confident I could land a 737 in Malaga one handed and blindfold.

con-pilot
10th Dec 2004, 21:56
Maple 01, the “Wings Discovery” channel has not gone all military over here, well at least not since I watched the last time I was home, about 2 and half weeks ago. They have a lot of military programming but there is also a lot of civilian aviation programming as well ranging from a woman learning to fly progressing from student to her PPL, a guy building a homebuilt airplane in his garage, the BBC series “Airport”, to all types of shows about airliners and airlines.

It is on the air 24/7, but they also have a lot of repeats.

Onan the Clumsy
11th Dec 2004, 04:02
I could land a 737 in Malaga one handed Me too :ok:

Spuds McKenzie
11th Dec 2004, 07:39
And what would you do with the other hand? :uhoh: :E

Solid Rust Twotter
11th Dec 2004, 10:01
Ask Onan.................:E

Paterbrat
11th Dec 2004, 10:48
Errrr on seconds thoughts please dont!:ooh:

yintsinmerite
11th Dec 2004, 16:35
Is it me, or is Brendon O’Brian a cross between Biggles and Lord Flashart?:

Yes, but without the Biggles

BTW he is a pilot you know !!

Jerricho
12th Dec 2004, 16:27
OtC Me too

What about your knees me old? :E

Dr Illitout
12th Dec 2004, 16:55
I cannot belive thay are doing this. What the hell is Brendon O'brian going to do for money with out all the repeat royalty payments?!!!. Perhaps we should have a "Bring back Brendon" campaign?. Come to think about it John Nicolsons in trouble too! ( No, I'm not having a go at either of them!!!. Both are top blokes!)
Seriously though there must be enough material to have "wings" on 24/7.
Rgds Dr I

Hilico
12th Dec 2004, 21:08
What?! They haven't got enough material to have Wings on as often as it is now! It was one of the channels I was most looking forward to when Mrs Co signed us up. After the merest flick through the channels I saw the 'every three hours the same thing' and started to change my mind.

It's rare to get something new; the Classic British Aircraft show is great, but it's already been thrashed to death. Perhaps that makes up for never being able to predict when it's going to be on. After all, I only saw the whole of 'A Chopper is Born' by sitting down and watching the whole series from start to finish in one go (though admittedly that was on 133, not 556).