PDA

View Full Version : Davaar's Law, Corollary and Rider

Davaar
10th Dec 2004, 14:56
Getting on now, and speculating on the wisdom I might Leave to Posterity. Here it is:

Law: One size does not fit all, never.

Corollary: He who contradicts the Law is a self-serving liar trying to sell you something that will not fit.

Rider: The Law is always true, and is true in common example of any insert, addition, or the like they say will bring comfort to an uncomfortable seat-back, will make large shoes fit small feet, or have any similar or analogous effect.

Selah. I have spoken.

Wedge
10th Dec 2004, 15:09
He who contradicts the Law is a self-serving liar trying to sell you something that will not fit.

You mean like a lawyer?

:)

Jerricho
10th Dec 2004, 15:10
will make large shoes fit small feet

What if you don't wear shoes? Or don't have feet?

Davaar
10th Dec 2004, 15:10
Listen, Wedgie Kid, I can have you disbarred before you are even Called. Do not underestimate my influence.

tony draper
10th Dec 2004, 15:17
One from Drapes all time favorite wordsmiths, Damon Runyon, as true now as twas then.

One of these days in your travels, a guy is going to come up to you and show you a nice brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is not yet broken, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not bet this man, for as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an earful of cider

Priceless. :cool:

Four Seven Eleven
10th Dec 2004, 23:26
Codicil to Davaar’s Law

“Davaar’s law is applicable to all situations, without the necessity of addition, amplification or adjustment. It is therefore a ‘one size fits all’ law.”

Ergo, it is ipso facto untrue.

AntiCrash
11th Dec 2004, 03:32
So Mr. Draper, do you think that Mindy's sells more cheesecake or strudel?:confused:

Onan the Clumsy
11th Dec 2004, 03:50
Rule One:

Thou shalt not post pissed :ok:

:}

Paterbrat
11th Dec 2004, 10:46
4711 would seem to have a good point Darvaar I look forward to some good solid lawerly squirmings.:D

airship
11th Dec 2004, 13:19
Getting on now, and speculating on the wisdom I might Leave to Posterity... If Davaar feels that the time to prepare for closing arguments has arrived..., then let me be the first to say that I shall miss his wit and wisdom in this forum. I've never really understood the point of all those eulogies post mortem. If one has something pleasant to say about someone, then it should be done while they are still able to appreciate it.

Sometimes, I think that I too would have made a fine lawyer. Long ago, I realised the danger that lapsus linguae could result in one tasting shite. :)

Davaar
11th Dec 2004, 16:02
No matter, pater; we shall not squirm, we’ll just be firm. 4711 is always driven to pass in class; in every form he meets the norm, though whiles his ploys disturb the boys: here a wriggle, there a giggle. But What the Hell! He should do well when off to college; with increased knowledge solve the riddle, learn to distribute his middle; the S a P, the S i P, and backwards, so perverse, and in reverse; distinguish ergo from a tergo .... Oh Gosh! This is a lot of tosh. But me no buts; and make no rhymes with nuts.

Thanks for airship’s kindly thought, doubly welcome since unsought. In truth the minor DDD, the trifling pain in lower back, had led us to the future track of Shall we Gather at the River? Not soon, of course; but ever? Dismiss it as riparian valetudinarian.

Davaar’s Second Corollary:

A pox
On sox
Too large not small
One size fits all
That form a ball
And make you crawl.

BlueWolf
11th Dec 2004, 22:21
By curious coincidence, 4711 in NZ just happens to be the designation of the certification awarded to a qualified welder.

Onan , this would be a quiet place indeed if that were true;)

Alas, Davaar , I fear you may have achieved little other than to ignite the fires of legal debate as to what may be defined as a "fit"; and come to that, what may constitute "size".
:ok:

Davaar
11th Dec 2004, 22:30
I wondered how long it would take to reach that subtlety.

Four Seven Eleven
11th Dec 2004, 23:04
BlueWolf
Whether intentional or not, your observation about the welding qualification is somewhat disturbing. As an air traffic controller, welding (or the “The union of two metal parts” or the bringing of parts into “close association or union”) is something to be avoided rather than aspired to.

Dear Davaar
You stretch too far
Your new corollary
Of size in hosiery

It seems unsure
Whether Davaar’s new law
Tends to veracity
Or indeed mendacity

When considered similarly
The stated corollary
Has launched a mutiny
When exposed to scrutiny