PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Online Game

My names Turkish
10th Dec 2004, 14:46
Bah! (http://web.dachser.com/deu/service/global_player/spiel.htm)

Copied from ATC and Mil Forums.

Got to level 6 after spending half the morning trying to stop playing.

Disclaimer: May result in Shouting and swearing.

Lance Murdoch
10th Dec 2004, 16:48
A work colleague sent me this yesterday, productivity in my office has fallen by about 75% since then.
Got to level 6.:O

BRL
10th Dec 2004, 17:24
Turkish you GIT!!!! Thanks for posting MATE.!! :*

that is the weekend out of the window.......... :mad:

Jerricho
10th Dec 2004, 17:36
I still want to know what's in them boxes...........

The drugs go to the boat, the illegal alien to the truck..........

Milan N
10th Dec 2004, 18:20
Only 10 levels.
Have you more such games?

My names Turkish
10th Dec 2004, 18:22
BRL, You were warned. Cant get level 6 done before running out of time. I am told there are 13 levels to this game. Obviously for the cyborgs amongst us.

Further Disclaimer: This game may lead to loss of days of your life and hermit like behaviour.

Jerricho
10th Dec 2004, 19:14
may lead to loss of days of your life and hermit like behaviour.

Unlike this place.

jabberwok
10th Dec 2004, 23:05
Nope - can't do it.

Conditioning - I keep loading the aircraft first. :O

jb

TimS
10th Dec 2004, 23:15
13 Turkish ???

Completed 10 (2nd go - 1st one to understand game 'cos I don't speak German) and thought it had finished 'cos I beat it.

Just when I thought I was good - will go back and try it after 6 pints of Kronenburg now.

Brgds

TimS

Bluebaron
11th Dec 2004, 16:58
finished after round 10. shame just getting good took about 5 goes though.

BB :ok:

My names Turkish
11th Dec 2004, 17:46
I thought it was 13 levels.

So those who can finish can be Air Traffic Controllers, and Me and the rest cant:rolleyes:

flynverted
12th Dec 2004, 16:22
quote:

------------------------------------------------------------
Nope - can't do it.

Conditioning - I keep loading the aircraft first.

jb

-------------------------------------------------------------

Me too. :cool: Then the damn plane leaves without being marshalled away from the gate, and it has yet to be de-iced. :mad: :confused: :rolleyes:

Wino
12th Dec 2004, 23:32
Okay finished all 10 levels
Was there a trick to see levels beyond 10?
finished 10 and it told me game over...

Wino

Little Blue
13th Dec 2004, 00:37
bah !!!
Well, I managed level 5, which makes
me just short of a moron and slightly above
a cretin..
Keep practicing, Ricardo !!!
:(

SkySista
13th Dec 2004, 07:07
The dishes are overflowing, the answerphone is full, and I can't be ars*d going to get some dinner........ j/k! :p

Was using my sister's PC after playing this game Saturday - was in for a surprise as the speed on hers was about 10 times as fast one mine!!! (got to level 5 though - no mean feat considering you could hardly see what color the boxes were they went so fast.....)

Have tried to translate that page with Babelfish....but it comes up with nothing on a web page translate.... and you can't highlight the text to cut and paste!! :(

Anyone any idea what the instructions sre - i.e. ... anything about lowering/increasing the speed and/or difficulty level???

Sky

EFP058
13th Dec 2004, 09:32
Sky,

according to the instructions, nothing but the arrows can be changed. I would translate the instructions for you guys, but quite frankly I cant be bothered because theres nothing of interest in there. All it says is to match colors and to do so by clicking the arrows. The rest is just a bunch of blah-blah.

Alright, Im back to playing this game now... ;)

Wino
13th Dec 2004, 16:04
Yes, but its there a LARGER version of the game that I can pay for to get more levels?

I get to 10 every time now.

How dare someone just END a game...

Cheers
Wino

FireFoxDown
13th Dec 2004, 18:27
It's all about thinking *outside* the box . . .

EFP058
13th Dec 2004, 23:31
Yes, but its there a LARGER version of the game that I can pay for to get more levels?
I doubt it, but since Im a nice guy Im actually gonna drop them a line and ask about it. Will report back to you.

By the way, I know what you mean... I reach the tenth level everytime now too, its annoying.

jabberwok
14th Dec 2004, 01:50
The page loads a small 134K Shockwave file - dachser.swf - and I don't see any way you can manipulate these.

I tried the CTRL > and CTRL < commands mentioned in the Shockwave menu but nothing changed..

jb

SkySista
14th Dec 2004, 02:10
You know, this game is so addictive, they should make a bigger version... could be onto a winner here.... make a little money..

How cool would this game be on IFE??? Only with difficulty level selections and like a hundred levels... or variations on the air freight/airport theme. Like the Windows "Rat Poker" game, only with pax going to coloured planes instead of rats. Fill the planes with rats... (er.... pax :E) and make 'em go. faster you pack 'em, the more points!

Say......I really like that idea..... hmmm I think a patent may be in order.... :p

Sky

Wino
14th Dec 2004, 02:35
Boy, I would pay anything for more levels now.

The 10 that are there aren't even a challenge anymore...

What a great game.

Cheers
Wino

My names Turkish
14th Dec 2004, 09:12
Wino, you sure your not "spoofing" me my son? How about a screen grab to prove it to us.

EFP058
14th Dec 2004, 10:07
Im not Wino, but Ill post a screenshot anyway. It really isnt hard at all to constantly reach level 10 after some practice.

http://www.cookiesworld.de/tmp/sag_spiel.jpg

Wino
14th Dec 2004, 11:51
How do you do a screen grab? I will post the same thing.

Once you learn to get organized and keep the camel chutes going its actually a simple and yet still quite addictive game. I play it to the conclusion a lot anway...

Cheers
Wino

My names Turkish
14th Dec 2004, 12:29
Fair enough, I shall take it back. It was pure sour grapes because I can't do it, after much effort. Wino I promote you to the position of ATCer:p

Wino
14th Dec 2004, 14:47
The trick is to set up an "orbit" first. Once you get everyone going all the way around the track without crashing, it is a simple manner to start diverting the boxes where they go. Then close off one area as quickly as you can to shorten the track.

Works with all maps except the last one and I think the fifth (the one with the 3 forks and no possibility of an orbit.)

Also, given a choice, finish the far away ones first as it is a significant time saver when you are down to one or two left...

House keeping is very important. Dont forget to reset after a diversion or your orbit will quicly be spoiled with a lot of wrong addresses...

Cheers
Wino

My names Turkish
14th Dec 2004, 15:52
LOL:p :p :p

I see the problem now Wino. I was not being scientific enough about it. I usually run out of time as opposed to losing any of the boxes. I'll have a go with this new found approach.

SkySista
15th Dec 2004, 07:27
Strangely enough, I found level 10 to be easier than some of the previous.... all you ha dto do as Wino said is set everything up so all you have to do is send them to the right destination, and reset the sitches after they pass.....

best scor of mine was three thousand something... wondering what the other number is with the row of boxes = x.xxxx Is that an efficiency figure?????

Am planning to get a computer-whix friend to try a pax-loading rat-poker style game :D

Sky

Teddy Robinson
15th Dec 2004, 08:53
What a gloriously trivial waste of time and brain cells ... epic !!

EFP058
15th Dec 2004, 09:15
Well, good news (or bad news, depending on how you look at it): I just received a reply from Dachser to my enquiry re: more levels. In a nutshell, what they said is that more levels are definitely possible, but their planning is not finished yet and they cant really tell me too much about it at this stage.

They also said they will keep me updated, so as soon as I hear something Ill let you guys know. Guess well just have to be patient for now.

CarltonBrowne the FO
27th Dec 2004, 12:12
I just finished the game... don't know if I'm ready for more levels yet!
Level 6 took me a good number of tries- after that level 9 was very tricky. I tried the "from a loop" method- it didn't work for me. What I found easier was to choose one transport group (for me usually aircraft, but that was just because the choice to send them there came first) and try and get that filled first; as soon as they were gone, there were fewer switches to keep track of.