PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand recruiting

turbinejunkie
10th Dec 2004, 11:19
Gidday NZ ppruners,

just wondering if anyone in the know over there in N.Z. can shed a bit of light on Air NZ recruiting.

I am interested to know what experience levels of candidates are coming through in interviews. Also, what numbers are being interviewed presently, how many positions and expected numbers sought for the forseeable future?

Another thing, would an OZ ATPL be acceptable to obtain an interview (assuming their minimum criteria hours-wise, etc. is met) or would a candidate have to obtain the NZ ATPL first? Additionally, would one need to be a NZ resident first or could one continue working in OZ and come over for an interview if offered?

I am an Aussie and I have only a sketchy understanding of the NZ licensing requirements, but I gather you have to do an Air Law exam and a flight test - is that correct? If not, a pointer to where I can chase up this info would be much appreciated.

Would love to join you in the Land of the Long White cloud.

Thanks in advance -

TJ :ok:

Tinstaafl
10th Dec 2004, 18:59
I think you'll find the trans-Tasman mutual recognition act applies. You should be able to have the NZ licence issued on application based on your Oz licence.

AerocatS2A
11th Dec 2004, 10:54
That's right, as long as you have a professional licence, i.e. CPL or higher then you just fill out the paper work, pay your money, and CAA NZ will give you a shiny new equivelant NZ licence. Just make sure you have a command IR as NZ don't recognise co-pilot IRs.

piontyendforward
12th Dec 2004, 02:42
Aussie ATPL and CPL IR (full IR only) OK for Air NZ, and the CAA

Last 60 odd over the last year have been in the 2500 hours up range. Lots of NZers back from overseas jobs, (Cossair and SwissAir)in the mix and a few Aussie's as well.

Projected for 80 odd in the next 18 months though that is variable as in anything in aviation.

Starts are on the 744, 763 as SO, and 733 as FO.

777 SO slots filled internally until 2006/7

Apply for an application online at the Air NZ web site.

HEALY
12th Dec 2004, 12:25
Reading the website it indicates the requirement for a BGT rating. Excuse the ignorance but does this mean an endorsement on something that burns kero or does ATPL theory on BGT cover it. Also for Aussie applicant does an equivalant Physics course like QF cover you for education reqt's.

Cheers

bushy
12th Dec 2004, 13:04
After Air N.Z.'srecent exp[eriences with Australia, I would be surprised if they would go looking for further Australian contacts.i

nzmarty
13th Dec 2004, 07:44
Would love to join you in the Land of the Long White cloud.

Thanks in advance -

TJ

or GODZONE as it's known down here....

DeltaT
17th Dec 2004, 21:47
Average experience level of the Pilots in the queue 'on the books' at Air NZ, of the some 300-400 of them, is in the 2500-3500hr range.