PDA

View Full Version : Air France CDG-BKK

Tolsti
10th Dec 2004, 09:27
Have been offered and accepted a new job based in Bangkok and am flying there 22/12 on Air France. Todate I have only ever done shorthaul with them..... any one got any comments/advice on their longhaul services in particular this route??

surely not
10th Dec 2004, 10:26
I have only been on 2 long haul flights with AF, and in Business Class both ways which was nice, and found the service to be better than average but not into the standards set by EK, Sri Lankan and VS. The flights weren't on the route you are travelling but I wouldn't expect there to be any major differences.

Jordan D
10th Dec 2004, 15:45
Flew with them a few years back now on CDG-BOM. Have to say, made me chose never to fly with them (apart from the return leg) ever again. Was flying in the back on the cheap seats, but found the service bad and crew very rude.

Jordan

Tolsti
11th Dec 2004, 10:33
They weren't my choice either but when someone else is paying you can't really quibble. It's economy for me as well....should I take sandwiches??

surely not
11th Dec 2004, 10:45
Maybe I struck lucky with the crews I had, but it was a very pleasant flight, the food and grog were good, and the girls good looking. The aircraft was clean and comfortable and the flight uneventful. Couldn't ask for more really :D

DC10FAN
11th Dec 2004, 11:36
I had a good flight with them from Paris to Osaka 2 years ago. Service good, food very good(better than recent BA/JAL/KLM flights). Flight was only 1/2 full so this probably improved things. One thing I did notice; AF are like KLM regards IFE; the standard very much depends on a/c type. Some A340 and all B777s have PTVs but none of the B747s have it afaik.

hailstone
13th Dec 2004, 07:25
tolsti
flew with AF a month back CDG-NRT-CDG on their new 777-300 (which is also what they operate to SIN)
you will find the cabin layout and space being equivalent to LH new business class (slightly less legroom, which can be a challenge for people above 6'3).
crew is friendly, not only to native french speakers.
food better than most other european carriers
the IFE is good.

AF has really improved over the last decade and is a pleasure to fly with