PDA

View Full Version : ASL New Zealand vent post

kev2002
9th Dec 2004, 21:20
Just wanted to vent my anger at ASL.
Has anyone else had problems with this inept excuse for a company?

A while back I couldn't attend an exam due to an illness. Obviously I was unable to get a date change within 5 working days so I rang them up only to be told I would have to rebook a new exam at full cost!! I can understand a $25 fee but $166 just to shift to a new date is excessive. Where does the money go??? The amount we pay certainly doesn't reflect in the qaulity of questions found in the exams.
I also can't see how they justify their flight test fees. Nearly $1000 for a C-CAT!!

Please tell me theres a compettitor on the way. This would have to be one of the worst monopoly's in the country. Someone give me Richard Branson's number...."Virgin Flight Testing" has a nice ring to it. At least he'd have an 0800 number.

dude12345
10th Dec 2004, 02:50
Asl suck!
I am so glad i don't have to deal with those w##kers any more.

CaptainToBe
10th Dec 2004, 04:04
Would starting up a competition company to ASL even be a viable option? I was under the impression that ASL was owned by CASA?

defiant
10th Dec 2004, 05:06
well i suppose the only postive thing about a C-Cat exam being near on $1000 is that you have a real incentive to pass it first time! :(

Defiant

ALLBLACK
11th Dec 2004, 20:32
me too,,, dont have to deal with them anymore , but they were Wa*****S too , just one examiner for the whole Auckland region ,, Like Mr PS though such a nice person /proffesional but ASL sucks lot of money ,,, even the poor man PS is sometimes overloaed with work,,,

Thumbs up to mr PS .does a very good work. Wish you all the best Sir.

ALLBLACK

Ash767
16th Dec 2004, 13:12
Haven't they still managed to get it right. I did my ATPL exams back 2002 and there was problems then. What will it take for ASL to become reasonable.

Hmmm, the word Monopoly comes to mind. Maybe that's why they treat us the way they do!

By the way what is C-CAT testing, haven't heard of that?

outboundjetsetter
16th Dec 2004, 21:34
C cat rating is the equivialent of the auzzi grade 3 endoresement.

i hate asl
they are a rip off and not customer focassed at all.
hope they have a toll free phone number atleast by now!!

flying ginge
18th Dec 2004, 08:09
be fair people, it's the turkeys at head office that are the munters, not the flight examiners (well in my neck of the woods anyway):ok:

ALLBLACK
19th Dec 2004, 22:17
When I did one of my ASL exams sometime back in Northshore, I I did the exam next to a cab driver who was doing his cab driving exam to drive mini cabs,,,

after I came out of the exam only I realised that ASL conducts MINICAB driver exams tooooooo.

But no comments about the quality of trianing though , Its great whe its comes to training , but ASL sucks ,, in any county they rip off same in JAA where UK CA ripp off too

flyby_kiwi
20th Dec 2004, 07:28
Allblack,
ASL I too found out stands for Assesment Services Limited, hence all the cabbies, truckies etc. Not sure if they have the same gripes the aviation side of the exams do?

Come to think of it the first time I came across this was while doing an ATPL exam sitting next to the infamous Mr Lenagan not long before he got busted. :eek:

On another note for those in the ASL northern region - any speculation as to who will take over Mr PS in the not toooo distant future??????