PDA

View Full Version : QF Discount fares

Raider1
9th Dec 2004, 09:46
I notice on the QF web site that they are now promoting cheap discount fares that seem very appealing, but then you click on the link and there is the various fees and taxes which in some cases increases the fare by 33%.
I thought the Government ruled last year that all fares promoted had to be all inclusive, so as to not mislead the public?

Eastwest Loco
9th Dec 2004, 10:04
If there are no specific ports mentioned in the ad - or multiple ports I think you will find the "taxes and charges apply" bailout in the fine print under the last screen display or at the bottom of the ad. Out of here to Melbourne, taxes often add over 50% to deep discount fares.

Call me if you need the cheapest. I am led to believe the O class fares I am paying several hundred a month now to access on Sabre are no longer available through QF phone sales, or through the web. One small concession I suppose. Sabre will also compare DJ and JQ so I can then go to their website and grab the fares there if cheaper.

1800 067 207.

Best regards

EWL

Raider1
9th Dec 2004, 10:24
Thanks for that EastWest Loco much appreciated. As an ex AN person now in other employment, I watch for the good deals to get away

Eastwest Loco
9th Dec 2004, 10:33
Cool Raider

I am ex TN EW and AN (for several months at ADL - great crew and I have a lot of mates who bought the farm along with AN.

These days, I generally buy QF published fares at the deepest discount, rather than try the minefield of AD75 subload. It isn't worth the effort.

My father's (ex TN LAME - engines) and Accountant is on 5% with QF, but dueto his failing health we have made a return O class ticket his Chrissy present this year. It is that or run around half the state trying to figure out which flight he has wound up on.

Best

EWL