PDA

View Full Version : YSSY 07R/25L

missy
8th Dec 2004, 23:02
Given the delays experienced when operating a single runway 07/25, how much longer will it be before 07R/25L comes to fruition?

chimbu warrior
8th Dec 2004, 23:19
Well, based on how long it took to get 16L/34R, plus how long they have been talking about/forming committees/having studies done/arguing with greenies etc etc..................another thousand years or so.

kookabat
9th Dec 2004, 01:11
I'm expecting it about the same time as they start flying into Badgeries Creek... or Suttons Forest... or Wilton... or...:ugh:

grrowler
9th Dec 2004, 04:12
And then we could have 07/25 PRM's!! That should minimise the delays... :rolleyes: ;)

Ultralights
9th Dec 2004, 05:43
I'm expecting it about the same time as they start flying into Badgeries Creek... or Suttons Forest... or Wilton... or...

or YSBK Im still pretty certain YSBK will become an extension of YSSY, Mac airports has made sure no one other than airlines can afford to operate out of there, and with there recent attempts to push REX out of their terminals, (and offer space at YSBK) is a sure sign of things to come. just give it a few yrs!

Atlas Shrugged
9th Dec 2004, 22:13
Delays aside, I've often wondered about the need for a 4th RWY at SSY or even the need for a second airport given that in 2000 we seemed to cope with the volume of air traffic during the Olympics, such volume we're probably not likely to see again.

Jet_A_Knight
10th Dec 2004, 03:18
You could build ten runways @ YSSY, and the duty runway(s) would still be the one(s) with the highest crosswind component!:hmm: