PDA

View Full Version : US Cellphones vs telemarketers

fernytickles
7th Dec 2004, 15:26
Thought this might come in handy for some of us...

There is a directory coming out soon that will include cell phone numbers for Telemarketers to use....so, this is to prevent it from even starting...

"Are you aware that you can also register your cell phone number? I recommend that you do this to prevent your minutes from being used up by telemarketing calls. Please read the following and either call the 888 number from the phone you want to register or visit the website.
In the coming weeks, cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive tele-sales calls. Call this number from your cell phone 888-382-1222. It is the National Do Not Call list. It blocks your number for 5 years.
You can also register do not call numbers using the FCC web site at: <https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx>
Remember, to register via phone you must call from the phone you wish to register. "

Flip Flop Flyer
7th Dec 2004, 16:12
Unsolicited phone, or house, calls to private individuals is the lowest and most infuriating form of marketing there is. I am pleased to live in a country where such activities are banned outright. I cannot fathom why the general public allows these practices to be continued, instead of ordering their elected representatives (remember, they are supposed to work for us) to have this type of activity banned. Unbeliveable.

newarksmells
7th Dec 2004, 20:59
Read a little about this today on the train. By default, you will be omitted from the directory unless you choose to be included.

Newarksmells