PDA

View Full Version : Major system flaw affecting CX sales.

Eastwest Loco
7th Dec 2004, 09:36
Came across a beauty today. Psgrs booked CX to HKG and DXB were ready to ticket, The fare had gone up AUD1100.00 per psgr overnight.

On investigation, the Sabre system (one of the 2 largest GDSs in the world and based on the AA system) had decided to add 256.00NUC (Neutral units of currency at the same level as the USD) to each sector. An experienced - (read old and clapped out) operator would pick this up, but this is also affecting best but searches and most likely losing CX millions. This measns doing a "best buy" transaction is totally discounting CX and only offering other carriers without the erronious taxes.

I tried in vain to get someone at CX to chase Sabre, but it was well beyond the expertise of the res staff and seniors I could get hold of and became too hard for them very quickly.

Sabre is allegedly chasing the problem, but if anyone has contact with CX yield management, I would strongly suggest they get on Sabre's case immediately.

Like I said - the corporate and "old head" offices will have no problems with this, but the likes of Fright Centre will just gloss over CX if the problem is due to an eroneous Q tax increase instuction that has been transmitted to all.

Sorry to bother you all with this, but hopefully this will get to someone who can knock on a few doors.

Move this post by all means Woomera if it can do more good elsewhere.

Best regards

EWL

D.Lamination
8th Dec 2004, 04:29
The relevant people have been notified thanks!:ok:

Eastwest Loco
8th Dec 2004, 07:44
D.Lamination

Thanks mate.

Apart from the fact that it makes it painful to manually modify fares, and be unsure if you are going to cop a Debit Memo, it is unfair to the carriers affected by such a problem.

They pay a mozza to be present in GDS arrangements, and if they aint told it is broke, then they can't fix it.

The problem has now disappeared, but I hate to think what the lost revenue may have been. Well done.

I am sure Sabre would have handled the problem, but making CX aware ensured a quick result.

Thanks again.

Best regards

EWL